Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2005, 07:41 PM
JeanneSm

Default Dress code - which nights are formal etc?

Hello,

sailing : Weds Aug24th , 2005 Volendam - Inside Passage 7 night s

Is there a set night for dress?
I mean first night is casual, second night is formal....etc. Just wondering if experience cruisers know of a pattern and can let me know what to expect?

reason for my question you ask?

I am also doing Wedding Vow renewal ( but havent had a reply on which night it is yet ) so I was wondering if it would be on the same night as a formal night --- sure hope not. It would be nice to know in advance but I havent heard yet and would like to have "ample" attire. I really want to enjoy the luxury of dressing "up" on this trip.

thanks
Jeanne
a new cruising couple
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Dress code - which nights are formal etc?

Second night of cruise is usually a formal - SECOND LAST NIGHT is usually formal - that's for 7 night trips - for a 10 night cruise there may be another formal.

Your document package will tell you the number of formal nights, informal and casual nights - it's pretty accurate.
Old August 13th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dress code - which nights are formal etc?

Two years ago when I was on the Volendam in Alaska, the Renewal of Vows was held on one of the formal nights. It's up to the Captain to decide when he wants to hold it.

Why wouldn't you want toe ROV to be held on a formal night? You will want to get dressed up for the ROV and this is the perfect time to do it. The ROV was held before the late seating dinner (2 seatings at that time). Now with the 4 dinner seatings, I don't know when it will be held.