Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2005, 08:57 PM
Northern Traveller

Default HAL ships & disaster relief

We are booked for a HAL cruise for this January and would fully understand if the ship were redeployed for humanitarian aid use by the survivors and/or volunteers. Frankly, I am so distraught, I'm almost sickened to think about cruising at a time when thousands of children and disabled are barely clinging to life on the Gulf Coast. I hope all cruise lines will do the right thing and that their passengers will generously display compassion and understanding if their holiday plans are disrupted.
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
Rita M. Ippoliti

Default Re: HAL ships & disaster relief

I know what you mean. I'm sickened ... mainly at myself ... for sitting here all excited waiting for my 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise in January. I look at the television ... see all those tragic faces ... people who lost everything they owned ... people who are getting no relief aid ... families who are separated ... mothers who can't find their children ... and I get so disgusted with myself that I want to scream.

I guess the only way to salve our conscious is to figure out some way to help, besides just sending donations, etc. ... and that's what I'm working on right now.

Blue skies ...

--rita