Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Passenger

Default zuiderdam balcony info

hi all

looking for anyone who was in an aft corner suite

need to know if the aft corner suite balcony opens with the adjoining
aft va balcony cabin.

we are in 5187 - sc suite and 5185 verandah...

all info would be great.
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Familiar Face

We were on the Zuiderdam Sept. 10th - 17th. We had stateroom 4180 which is an aft corner cat. S suite. The balcony does wrap around the side of the ship. The balcony had 4 lounge chairs, two chairs with side tables, and a table with 4 chairs.
Beware the vibration was real bad on our trip. The vibration was strong enough that the light coverings in the bathroom were shaking. The vibration was worse when the ship was docking (moving sideways or backwards).
Hope they fixed the plumbing. They were having trouble with all port side cabins. Sometimes the toilet would flush, sometimes it wouldn't. They reported that the sytem was somehow losing vaccum.
Would I cruise the Zuiderdam again? Sure, I just will not get the aft corner room and hope the plumbing is fixed.
Old October 1st, 2005, 12:22 AM
First Mate

Hi,

Aft locations, lower decks, are rype for vibrations on that class....can't be avoided, it seems; same remarks from guests on sister ship OOSTERDAM.
Celebrity's Millie class, same basic class, have different propulsion systems and vibrations are nowhere near as perceptible in aft-cabins.

Happy sailings
CCG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old October 1st, 2005, 10:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had 7133 the aft corner on Zuiderdam 9/17-9/24/05 and a little portion of the divider closest to the aft rail between 7133 & 7131 can be opened by the room attendant. It will allow you to go back & forth between the two. I took a photo of the divider, and will try to post it on the photo gallery section (if I can figure out how to do that!)
Old October 2nd, 2005, 07:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have posted our Zuiderdam ship photos in the Photo gallery and in the third photo you can see the white divider between the corner aft suite #7133 and aft facing cabin #7131. The small section nearest the rail can be opened/removed to provide access to each other's verandahs.

Just for your information the aft cabins on deck# 8 are completely covered by the pool deck and get virtually no direct sun. So don't book up there if you want to work on your tan while on your verandah.

We experienced little or no vibration in cabin 7133 on Zuiderdam. The only vibration we felt during the cruise was in the lower level of the dining room and it wasn't that bad. The lower level of the dining room is on deck #2. So I can see how folks on the lower decks (like 4 or 5) might feel more vibrations.

Hope this info helps.......