Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Passenger

Default airport shuttle ft lauderdale

does anyone know how the airport shuttle to the port works and how much and how frequent it is ?
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Have no idea as to the price or the times the shuttle runs as we always take a cab. From reading other posts, it's much cheaper and faster to take a cab. There are always lots at the airport, which is very close to the pier, and costs anywhere between $10-15. If you take the shuttle they will charge for each person.
Old September 30th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Sandyruth:

I concur that a cab is the way to go. It is about $10 per cab and it will accomdate two people. You can grab one right outside the luggage area.

Is there a specific reason you need a shuttle? Will there be a large group of you traveling together?

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 1st, 2005, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Mike - we have always gotten 3 people into the cab. Carry ons go on our laps in this case.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:18 AM
Passenger

thanks for the info 10$ sounds good to me sandyruth
Old October 4th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Passenger

Cruise line respresentatives will meet you at the baggage claim and direct you to the motorcoaches.

It's cheaper and faster from the Fort Lauderdale airport to simply take a cab!
Old October 4th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Dee Dee:

If you can fit three in the cab then go for it!!! The only negative may be if three people's luggage won't fit in the trunk but some cab drivers will tie the trunk down to accomodate additional bags if they can't close the trunk.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old October 20th, 2005, 07:35 AM
quahog03

I agree, a taxi is the way to go. However on your return it might be better to book a trip with the ships transportation. I've done it this way because it can be very hard to get a cab from the peir back to the airport. You have to keep in mind that when we arrive the passengers come in at different times. When the ship docks everyone wants to get to the airport at the same time.
Ed
Old October 20th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Passenger

If you book air plus cruise with HAL, are you still charged extra for the trip to the ship? Years ago when we last cruised---with RCL---being met at the airport and being bused to the ship was all part of the package. Is it different now?
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Transfers can be added in cruise air but you do pay for them. You will see the transfer as a seperate line item on your invoice. The two usually come together so it seems that they are included.

I have not had a problem obtaining a taxi at Port Everglades but you do have to go a bit farther from the debarkation area to grab one. The buses are closer. If you grab a porter they will take you directly to the taxis and hail one for you. Or you can get one yourself.

You come out of the terminal and go left to grab one.

Take care,
Mike

Old October 23rd, 2005, 01:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to poetic license

When we brought our three daughters on their first cruise last year (2/05), we took a van operated by one of the cab services, hailed at the cab stand. There were five of us, and it was a *snug* fit, but it's only ten minutes to the pier at most, so it wasn't much of a hardship. You will usually see one every fifteen minutes or so, so just be patient. Best of all, it cost less than $20 for all of us!

Happy Trails,

Costa Atlantica 3/03
Celebrity Century 11/03
HAL Oosterdam 3/04
Celebrity Century 11/04
MSC Opera 2/05
Celebrity Constellation 11/05
Celebrity GALAXY 1/06
NCL Norwegian Dream 2/06
Celebrity CENTURY 4/06
Celebrity Summit 9/06
Old October 23rd, 2005, 06:19 PM
Passenger

HAL runs a shuttle at a ridulous price ($24pp), but it is included if you buy your airfare from them. They will be glad to sell you a ticket, but it isn't worth the price. The port is less than 10 minutes for the Ft Lauderdale airport. It is best to get a taxi, which will cost you about $12 total.
Old October 29th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Save your money and take a cab. The shuttle service, which is a just a van is 8.00 per person and you must share your ride with others. A cab will cost you less then 12.00 depending upon the traffic.