Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruise Documents Question

Can someone tell me how these docs are sent? One person told me UPS, someone else said overnight certified mail. I know to expect them about 30 days before sailing but I might ask them to send to my office depending on how they are mailed.

Are there ever any problems in not receiving them. In the event I didn't receive them, how would they go about replacing them?

Thanks,
Steve
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2005, 12:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

It depends on how you booked. If you booked through the cruise line they will come from them. Booking through a travel agent the line may send the documents to the office and forward to you.
As for delivery method it can come from a TA by postal mail, UPS, DHL or FedEx depending on the courier service they wish to conduct business with at the time.

Some cruise lines are sending documents via e-mail directly to the passengers and has to be printed out, referred to as E-DOCS.

If you do not get any documents within 10 days from sailing call the cruise line to verify all is well. The manifest will be there at check in, just have your booking number on hand. Fill out all the information on the cruise line web site for your cruise, that is pre board information.

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Vancouver _ Alaska _ Los Angeles, Sept 16, 2006 on Summit

Old November 1st, 2005, 09:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default (Y2C)

Thanks for the info, I did book directly through HAL and not a travel agent, so I was wondering if anyone knew how HAL specifically sends docs?
Old November 1st, 2005, 10:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Next time book thru a local travel agent.. OM
Old November 1st, 2005, 11:34 AM
Passenger

I have booked several cruises directly with HAL in the past, and each time they came differently. Like most companies, I am sure they negotiate with each delivery service each year. The last time was 2 years ago and it was USPS. The Docs arrived about 3 weeks out. If for some reason you don't get, or loose, your docs let HAL know and you can pick them up at the port (a friend did that several years ago).

Rich