Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Veendam, November 19th

How bout it? Anyone joining me on this cruise? This will be my 4th time on this ship. I just love it. Has anyone heard if Costa Maya will be open? Did Wilma destroy it?
Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Passenger

Default wondering too

Hi..I was wondering about Costa Maya myself. We are going on the Veendam for the first time in April. When you read a negative review here, you start wondering if you've made a mistake! Glad to hear someone has good things to say about it.
Old December 20th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, once again I enjoyed my Veendam cruise. I had one rough and I mean rough night. Got a hold of some bad cheesecake and spent the entire night in the bathroom. Was very sick the next day but it cleared up by night. As for Costa Maya, it looks like the hurricane missed it totally. I have been there twice this year and both times were the same. Beware of the tourist traps right off the ship. They remind me of Jamaica....almost assaulting you to come into their shops. Other than that it was great. Next time I go there, I probably won't get off the ship. I did the clear kayak tour in Costa Maya and enjoyed it thoroughly. (I had recovered from my cheesecake illness). I knew it was the cheesecake because I talked to other passengers who experienced the same thing and we all ate cheesecake that night from the Lido. Very, very friendly activities crew. Enjoy the Veendam. I just love this ship.
Old December 20th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good to hear positive things about the Veendam. We will be aboard for our first cruise on this ship April 8-15.