Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Passenger

Default Category for 'suite perks?'

We're looking at booking 2 cabins aboard the Zuiderdam to Alaska, and wanted to make certain that we all have the same amenities.

Several of us will be in a suite (cat SA -deluxe verandah suite or cat PS- penthouse suite) on the Rotterdam Deck that has access to the Neptune lounge (among other amenities), while we are considering cat VA..."deluxe verandah outside..."for another family member.

The way the HAL brochure reads..."The exclusive Neptune Lounge offers Deluxe Verandah Suite and Penthouse Suite guests a private retreat where they can relax, read and socialize throughout their cruise travel. " ...leads me to believe that if the cat VA cabin is booked, then our family member will *not* have the same access/perks as the others who would be next door in one of those other suites?

Is this correct, or are the "deluxe outside verandah cat VA" staterooms considered among those with the aforementioned privledges?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Deluxe Verandah Outside cabins do not have access to the Neptune Lounge.

Last year we were in an SS and we did not have access. Only SA,SB & SC have access and of course the Penthouse.

It is amazing how the concierge knows who should be in the Lounge even though she is meeting you for the first time. I don't know how they do that. Your friends in the VA will have a different coloured sign&sail card (cabin door key also) than you, so they will not have priority boarding, disembarking or priority on the tenders.

Sorry! Enjoy the Suites - they are wonderful
Old January 29th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Passenger

Well, since it's my MOM I've gone ahead and completed my booking and booked her into the SA suite in lieu of the VA.

It would be too weird "priority boarding" or going into the Neptune Lounge w/o her...and I'm not the type person who believes in trynig to sneak somebody along w/o paying for it (that's just like stealing IMO).

I wasn't clear about this, so thank you for clarifying and helping me make the decision on which category we needed to have booked.

Now...on to the shore excursion portion!
Old January 29th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Now that's what I call a good son!

I know your MOM will enjoy the Suite and all the amenities that go with it. It wouldn't be very nice for her if the rest of you could have all the perks and she couldn't. I love going to the Neptune in the morning & afternoon for a Latte and some treats and they have some nice goodies at lunch also.

Have a wonderful time & enjoy.