Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hello from the MS Noordam!!

One word for this new ship -- AWESOME! They have changed a lot of things to make this one different from the other Vista ships. Colors are great!! So far lousy weather but beautiful ship. By the way, Jazzy is onboard. Yahoo.
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Hello from the MS Noordam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLP
One word for this new ship -- AWESOME! They have changed a lot of things to make this one different from the other Vista ships. Colors are great!! So far lousy weather but beautiful ship. By the way, Jazzy is onboard. Yahoo.
Aside from color, what are the differences with the Westerdam?
Old February 23rd, 2006, 07:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Some of the public rooms are in different places and there are many improvements in the internet cafe, library. They some cool music areas where you just press buttons like a jukebox. Very comfy chairs for listening. They have all the music bases covered. The Atrium is a huge crystal circular looking thing that lights up in different colors. The Lido is basically the same as well as the Crow's nest and Spa. Very, very nice ship. Will write more tomorrow.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry the weather didn't cooperate, but at least you got to see the new ship!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old February 24th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AAAAmerican.Com
Default Land Hoooo.. Just think only a few hours till land in sight

Weather that is inclement was on the Radar at least youall now have time to see it in foul weather eating fowl.. your Formal night tonight I would think was a wonderful gala event too ..

Wishing we had been on this one .. alas .. but glad you are

We are booked on the NY Noordam **S** for 03/25/2006 A.D.

Wishing we were with youall.

Better weather is ahead mates.. may your journey be well and God speed.

(\/))

PS: Just got off the LandLine with our agent and will be doing the Document Dance now .... Full Speed Ahead....
Old February 24th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to bvi2006
Default Thanks for posting!

So great to hear about the Noordam so soon! We are on the 04-05-06 cruise.. good food, service, comfortable beds I hope?

How was the run from New York?
Old February 25th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Very comfy beds. Now that I have had time to discover the ship here's what they have done. The Explorers Lounge is also the library and internet cafe. They have several areas where you can get on a computer but the Explorers Lounge is my fave spot. Jazzy is on this ship and will be for the next 4 months. The food is typical HAL. The Greenhouse spa is basically the same as the other Vista Ships. This is my fave of the Vistas but I still like the Veendam the best. Today we are at Grand Turk. I was told we are the first ship to dock at this brand new pier. Lots of firsts.
Old February 25th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AAAAmerican.Com
Default DocuDance Wish we were there today the New Noordam Pier *S*

WO thats Awesome.. wish were were there today on the New Noordam Pier with youall.

Alas you sailed without us...

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooeee
We are doing the DocuDance now as today we got our partner delivered for the 03/25/2006 A.D. cruise.. wow on 02/25/2006 A.D.

Did the UpGrade Wizard vit you too?

We hope he waves his wand at us now too...._---_--__--_-_--___WWWwww
Old March 5th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

OK, back from the Noordam's first cruise. What a cruise it was. I have never heard a ship creek so much through really rough weather. Very noisy. As a whole, it is a gorgeous ship. We had a big bad new ship "bug" happen to us the last two days. No internet! UGH. Apparently the internet thingamabobby "fried". So no internet for the entire last two days of the cruise. Very nasty weather the last night of the cruise. At times it felt like we had hit a brick wall. I recommend this ship highly. The best crew HAL can offer is on this ship right now. Fantastic crew!
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Beginner

How are the menus and the the food specifically? I don't know how to gauge "typical Holland America food"? And, was the ship steady during the rough seas? Thank you.
Old March 6th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

The menus offered a variety and the Lido had a large variety too. The food was quite yummy. The ship was very unsteady the last night. People were holding the side rails throughout the ship that night. They had "barf bags" out that night also. Was hard to get around. As I said before, I have never experienced the feeling of running into a brick wall like on this ship. This was my 13th cruise and I have been through some really rough weather, but nothing like this.