Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Beginner

Default warnemunde/berlin

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Familiar Face

Take the cruise train offered by the ship and tour Berlin on your own. We enjoyed the train ride, it wasn't crowded, it is cruise passengers ONLY, no stops along the way, food and drinks are available on the train, the train is 100 yards from the ship.

I am always skeptical of independent tours (not tragic consequences in Chili). Berlin is FAR from the port. If your independent tour does not make it back in time the ship will leave without you. If the train is late, the ship will not leave port.

When you arrive back at the ship from the train, the dining room is re-opened for a late dinner for the folks who went to Berlin. There is no need to go to the Lido buffet.

We loved the ship supplied tour and even paying the premium for the "transfers only" was well worth the price.

My suggestion: take the cruise supplied train ride ONLY and arrange for your own Berlin tour or tour the city on your own.

As Dennis Miller might say: "That is my opinion, but I could be wrong."

Slotl
Old April 2nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to bocaraton1

We are going o n Azamara and it docks for 1 day in Warnemunde. Did you take train? Where did you get it...How long did it take into Berlin?
Then we can do our own stuff. Would appreciate some guidance.
evelyn
Old April 15th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Beginner

We would like to go to Berlin. NCL Jewel arrives in Berlin May 20; we like to share a tour with anyone. Right now I have prices from SBP-Tours and if you are interested please email me at dorotisa@hotmail.com