Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Beginner

Default LOOKING ROOMMATE FOR AN ALASKAN CRUISE MAY 21

I AM IN SEARCH OF ANYONE NEEDING A ROOMMATE FOR AN ALASKAN CRUISE DEPARTING SEATTLE MAY 21 ON BOARD THE WESTERDAM WITH HOLLAND AMERICA. I AM A STRAIGHT MARRIED WHITE MALE, 32 YO. THIS PARTICULAR CRUISE IS SOLD OUT ALREADY. ORIGINALLY MY FAMILY AND I WERE TO GO TOGETHER, BUT DUE TO MY WORK SCHEDULE, I WAS GOING TO BE OVERSEAS AND UNABLE TO GO. IT BEING A CRUISE WITH SEAHAWK PLAYERS ONBOARD, MY BOYS DIDN'T WANT TO MISS IT, SO MY WIFE AND I AGREED THAT SHE WOULD TAKE THEM. WELL NOW IT'S POSSIBLE THAT I CAN GO, BUT MY WIFE ONLY BOOKED A 3 PERSON CABIN, AND I CAN'T FIND A SINGLE ROOM ONBOARD. I REALLY WANT TO GO TO BE WITH MY FAMILY AND HOPEFULLY MEET SOME OF THE SEAHAWK PLAYERS.

IF YOU HAVE A ROOM IN WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPLIT THE COST ON, I WOULD BE MORE THAN WILLING TO SPILT THE COST WITH YOU. I WOULD NOT STAY WITH YOU IN YOUR ROOM, I WOULD BE STAYING WITH MY FAMILY...WE'LL SQUEEZE IN...NO PROBLEM. PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU CAN HELP ME WITH MY SITUATION.

THANKS
JOE
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Joe - I don't know how you are going to "squeeze in" with your family in a 3 person cabin. There will be 2 twin beds and one sofa bed that sleeps one person. That's a pretty tight squeeze, unless you and your wife are used to sleeping on a twin bed. Guess it could be done.

Have you called HAL Reservations or your TA to see if possibly one of the 4 person cabins is booked by only two or three paxs and therefore you could switch with them? It's worth a try. I'd get on the phone tomorrow and check this out.

Good Luck.
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Beginner

Ya it could be a tight squeeze. As far as we know, we have a queen and a single sofa sleeper. but either way, we've squeezed in like that before...lol we are told that we are first on the waiting list for room upgrades, but we're not sure if that will include being able to add a person to the room. appreicate the advice though and will try, if you're attending the cruise, hopefully well be able to all have a drink together. lol

Go Seahawks
Old May 1st, 2006, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Hi Joe - The Queen is actually made up of 2 twin beds which are pushed together, but when sleeping on the Queen you can't feel the "crack" down the middle as they put a Queen size pad over the two beds.

If you are first on the list for an upgrade, then I am sure HAL will find you something. I was on a cruise a few weeks ago and a lot of us were upgraded, yet we thought the ship was full. You just never know when the upgrade fairy will make an appearance.

No, having just returned from a 10 day cruise, I won't be on yours. Have a wonderful time and enjoy the Westerdam and Alaska.