Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Beginner

Default alcohol prices onboard

HI everyone,
I'm new to this board. It sure is a great source of info.
I have not cruised in over a decade. When I was married we went on about a dozen. I really do love it.
I'm taking my first cruise in a long time with some friends. Yeah!
WE're are going on the Zuiderdam to Alaska in late September. I was wondering what the going rate for mixed drinks, beer, wine, etc. is these days.

Many thanks in advance. I can't wait to go!!!!
Liz
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Liz: We were on the Oosterdam in May...I can't remember specific prices on mixed drinks etc..but I do remember the prices were very comparable to what you pay on shore. No sticker shock! The bartenders, at least on the Oo are excellent...and we got what we paid for! No complaints at all.

In addition, sometimes the bars will have a 'mix drink' of the day, Happy Hour sort of thing...

BTW: Cruising is still great fun...
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Passenger

Hi Liz,
Just back from the Zuiderdam August 5th and I remember the prices of drinks. It was around $7.95 for a glass of wine, drink of the day was $4.95 and domestic beer was $3.95. We tried all of the drinks of the day and they were quite yummy. The ship was very nice and easy to get around. Don't forget your binoculars you will need them. Also it rained almost everyday. Bring warm clothes as you probably already know. It was 40 degrees at night and our warmest day was 70. The ship's crew were very nice. I would have preferred more up to date music. I thought the activities were geared toward an older crowd. We had a great time, I hope you will too.

Enjoy
ssletscruise
Old August 11th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Yeoman

You can buy a bucket of beer at the aft pool on the Zuiderdam.
We sailed in May of 2005 -- the price was about $11/bucket for domestic. I think a little higher for Corona.
You got 4 bottles.

While the drink of the day is fun, I always make sure they don't use "pre-mixed" and ask that it be hand poured.
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
We sailed in May of 2005 -- the price was about $11/bucket for domestic. I think a little higher for Corona.
You got 4 bottles.

While the drink of the day is fun, I always make sure they don't use "pre-mixed" and ask that it be hand poured.
I agree with you on the drink of the day; as for the cost of a bucket of beer: I have a gut feeling what you paid in spring of last year and what they are charging now may be a little different. All the lines seem to be jacking up the booze prices while cracking down on any smuggling bottles on board. Guess they got us coming and going. I have a client that just ordered a bar set up for her transatlantic sailing on Celebrity in October. Last year; $standard brands with mixes were $45.00: now they are either $55 or $60. I am not sure which she said. If they are getting $60 for a bar set up, I can imagine what they are charging for drinks. I am about to order our bar set up in the next few weeks on HAL for November, I want to get a decent rate. NMNita
Old August 13th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
You got 4 bottles.

Good idea Fruitcake! We'll remember that...