Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Beginner

Default cabin size difference

Hi everybody! Another question to put out there for anyone who can help answer! Is there much difference betw'n the SS cabin vs the SA cabin in regards to category size and use of the Neptune Lounge in SA category on the Nooradam??????
Once again......Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Yes, there is. SA/SB/SC are Deluxe Verandah Suites and receive all the amenities, like use of the Neptune Lounge, free laundry service, priority boarding, etc. etc. The size of these Suites is 510sq ft. including verandah.

The SS,SY,SZ are Superior Verandah Suites are a bit smaller (bathrooms are the same size in both the Deluxe and Superior) and do not receive the above amenities. The size of these suites is 389 sq. ft. including verandah.

Unless you want to spend the extra money we feel that the Superior Verandah Suites are just as nice as the Deluxe. We don't feel that we need the free laundry and the use of the Neptune, so spend the extra money we would have paid on a Deluxe on Shore Excursions and other things.

It's really up to you which cabin you choose.

To see a picture of both Suites, check out HAL's web site, www.hollandamerica.com - click on Elegant Ships, Noordam and then "Explore Staterooms".

You will love the Noordam - we did.
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:19 AM
Admiral

We sailed on the Oo...in an SS suite...and loved it. We had plenty of cabin space.

While on board we checked out the SA/SB/SC suites because we're planning an extended cruise and wanted to see if the extra space made a difference. It wouldn't.

We also discovered as nice as the Neptune Lounge is we wouldn't have used it anyway. ...and as far as laundry...HAL's prices were very inexpensive.

BUT either way...HAL is a great cruise line...so enjoy yourself!
Old August 31st, 2006, 01:05 PM
First Mate

The SS suites are wonderful! Plenty of space and everything we need. You also have access to a *phone concierge* should you need their services. I can't imagine paying the difference to upgrade beyond SS.
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona01
The SS suites are wonderful! Plenty of space and everything we need. You also have access to a *phone concierge* should you need their services. I can't imagine paying the difference to upgrade beyond SS.
In the SS suites, is the 'phone concierge' a benefit just for the SS-SY-SZ suites, or for all staterooms?
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
In the SS suites, is the 'phone concierge' a benefit just for the SS-SY-SZ suites, or for all staterooms?
It was in our SY on this Noordam this year. I would think the same would hold true for the other Vista ships.

I must have had a "senior moment" when I wrote the above.
Thanks to Desdemona for posting the correct info.

Yes, only for SS/SY/SZ suites - not for the other staterooms.
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:45 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjone2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona01
my understanding is that the phone concierge is available only to the ss category suites (sy, etc). It is not available to all staterooms