Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Beginner

Default Oct 25th Noordam to Caribbean- any kids going?

I'm a little nervous...we're taking a family cruise to celebrate my daughter's sweet 16 and my 10-year anniversary. I also have a 7 and 9 year old. After reading these reviews, I'm panicking about whether my kids will have a good time, they all sound negative!! Is anybody going on the Noordam from NYC on Oct 25th with kidz?
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Oct 25th Noordam to Caribbean- any kids going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizcurtissimo
I'm a little nervous...we're taking a family cruise to celebrate my daughter's sweet 16 and my 10-year anniversary. I also have a 7 and 9 year old. After reading these reviews, I'm panicking about whether my kids will have a good time, they all sound negative!! Is anybody going on the Noordam from NYC on Oct 25th with kidz?

Thank you thank you thank you!! I thought we were the only family with kids on this cruise!! My son is 8 and will be so relieved to have company - I hope that your children will be in the HAL program, usually my son loves to hang out with other children!!!

Hey, have you gotten permission to take them out of school. I have to write a letter to the principal, which gets forwarded to the superintendent. I'm actually nervous!
Old September 25th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Beginner

Uh-oh...I haven't done that yet. My teenager has already informed most of her teachers, but I think I'm just going to inform the younger ones' teachers and not the principal. I'm going to get their classword in advance and try to get some work done...hopefully.

My daughter is 9 and my son is 7, they're both very sociable and will definitely go into the HAL program. It's my teen I'm concerned about, I hope she meets other kids her age...they're all very excited about the cruise, though, as well as my husband and I!! We're also taking my mother-in-law as our way of saying thanks for taking such good care of the kids after school when we're still at work, so I'm thinking it'll be fun for all
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Beginner

Great, I'm glad you guys are going. That's a relief, I also visit Cruise Critics website, and so far there are no other children mentioned on their roll call. Scary, I kept thinking my little boy will be so bored!!

ok, see ya in a month!!!
Old September 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Beginner

Actually my husband had called HAL a month ago when he booked the cruise and he happened to get a really helpful rep on the phone- she told him there are allegedly 5 kids between the ages of 7-12 and a bit more from ages 13-17 on this particular cruise. I asked another rep yesterday on the phone about it and she told me she couldn't tell me that info. So who knows if the first one was telling the truth...

see ya on the 25th