Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Beginner

Default "BC" Category Room on Volendam

Hey,

My fiance and I have a reservation for the HAL Southern Caribbean trip on Volendam sailing Nov. 23 of this year. We have a verandah suite with the category of "BC". Our travel agent said there are only 4 BC suites on the ship and that we'll probably get upgraded. In case we don't does anyone have input or thoughts on the BC suites?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jake
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Admiral

The 4 BC cabins are located at either the very front of the ship or at the rear on Verandah deck. They are all very nice, but my preference would be either of the 2 at the rear of the deck.

To see their location go into HAL's website, click on "Elegant Ships", then Volendam and deck plans. You can also click on "Explore Staterooms" to see what the cabin looks like and a description.

The only difference between a B & BC is location.

It would be nice to get an upgarde, but dont' count on it.

Your docs should be arriving very soon, so do let us know if you received an upgrade.

Have a wonderful cruise.
Old October 25th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Captain

No TA should ever tell you to expect an upgrade. It is so arbitrary who gets an upgrade/when/why. HAL gives fewer free upgrades than other cruise lines.

The best advice your TA can (and should) give you is to book the minimum category cabin in which you can be happy. You have to plan on staying in the cabin for which you paid. If you paid for a "BC", that is where you should plan on sleeping.

Have a great cruise.
Old October 25th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Beginner

Thanks,

She didn't say I should expect an upgrade, she just said I may end up getting one since there are only 4 of these cabins on the ship. As long as it has a private verandah, I'm happy.

Thanks for the responses!
Old October 25th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Passenger

These are fine cabins. As was mentioned they are forward and aft on Veranda Deck. They are physically just like all other "Vernada Suites" and come with all the same amenities. BTW, if you get an aft cabin we might be close by in a BB cabin. Say, "Hi" in the halls and have a great time.
Old October 26th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Beginner

Default BC

We booked a BC cabin on the Maasdam sailing this weekend from Norfolk. When I went to complete my online registration forms, I noticed that we were assigned to an A suite on the Navigation Deck. Awesome, especially since I booked it when I was about to book a C cabin and noticed that the BC suite was only $100. more per person. We are so happy to have the extras and I assume the Nav deck will be a little quieter as well.
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Admiral

We like to be as close to the center of the ship as possible...and we always book a cabin with a veranda (spoiled!)

We book the cabin we want and IF an upgrade is offered...look at it closely...why??? Not all upgrades are to a better cabin location. You may get a larger cabin but in a less desireable location....

Bottom line: Book what you will be happy with, and if later get a wonderful, perfect upgrade...it's all cream!!!!