Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Beginner

Default Rotterdam Verandah suites

My wife and I are booked on the Rotterdam for an April 20 sailing from Lisbon to Athens. This is our first cruise with HAL. We have booked a verandah suite and would like some information concerning the verandah. From the pictures that I have been able to see, I cannot tell if the verandahs are private. In some pictures, it appears that they are open to the verandahs on either side. We would prefer to have some privacy there. If it matters, we have an A class suite on the verandah deck.

Thanks,

Brag
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Admiral

They are definitely private and no one can see into your verandah.

A's are lovely and I am sure you will enjoy your cabin. A's & B's are actually mini-suites and do not get the amenities that S suites get, like access to the Neptune Lounge, free laundry/dry cleaning, etc.

ENJOY!
Old January 21st, 2007, 12:34 AM
Passenger

Default Rotterdam Verandah Suites

Hello Brag. The Rotterdam is a fantastic ship. She's one of the prettiest at sea today. She's traditional, elegant, and well maintained. The dining room is way above average and the entertainment is good too. We've had the pleasure of sailing the Rotterdam twice. Both times we had Category A on the Verandah Deck. Your stateroom will be a nice size with plenty of closet space. Your balcony will definately be private. There is one deck above you (Navigation Deck). That was not a problem with us at all. We didn't hear people on the balcony above us either time. You're going to love cruising with Holland America. They spoil you. If you have a destination port that is special to you, Holland America will arrange for you to have your own personal driver and guide to take you to see the sites. It's a real luxury and they sell out fast. You can reserve your private driver and private guide for 4 hours or 8 hours. You can arrange for the guide to pick you up at your convenience. We splurged on that service twice. It's expensive, but to us it was worth every penny.