Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2007, 10:31 AM
Familiar Face

Default Work Cruise -possible cabin share

I am a 62 year old (young at heart) SGM. I have always dreamed of taking a World Cruise when I retired (which I now have) but the single fare makes this a bit too expensive.

I am seeking to start chatting with someone in a similar position who might be interested in sharing a cabin (testing compatability-interests etc). Its a long time to be in a cabin with someone you cant stand so getting to know someone well before hand seems a good idea.

I am not seeking romance - just a travel companion. Male, female gay or straight is fine with me as long as we are both comfortable.

Thinking of 2008 or 2009....maybe Holland America or Cunard.

Just exploring - if interested why not send me a private message and we can take it from there - no commitments on either part.

Thanks Mike
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Admiral

Mikey, Holland America offers some great single supplements on their World and Grand Voyages. You might actually be better off enjoying your cabin solo than having to deal with a roommate you don't know too well.

I know if I were taking a voyage of the length of a World Cruise, I think I would rather save up for a bit longer ... even if it meant delaying it by a year ... and having my own cabin. 105 or so days is an awful long time to be cooped up with someone who turns out not to be what you bargained for.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old February 16th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Kryos... what kind of single supplements do they offer for a world cruise?

I agree, that is a LONG time to be with one person.

However, in case Mikey, you should try our "seeking cruise companion" message board.
Old February 16th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
Kryos... what kind of single supplements do they offer for a world cruise?
Depending upon the cabin category, could be as low as 140%. Of course, if you want a suite, you'll pay 200%, but for insides and outsides I find HAL's single supplements to be very reasonable. And, frankly, for something as long as a World Cruise, I don't know if I'd wanna share a small cabin with somebody who is not a very, very close friend or spouse. After 100+ days even the nicest person can get annoying. We all have little habits ... quirks ... that can annoy other people and while these things wouldn't even become an issue on a shorter cruise, on something the length of a World Cruise I just think I'd rather just bite the bullet and pay the single supplement. It's worth my peace of mind. I was just suggesting to the OP that it might be something he may want to consider.

Blue skies ...

--rita