Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Captain

Default What is Your Next?

If you have a future booking, on what ship? To Where?

If you don't have one booked, do you plan to soon?
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Admiral

Our next cruise isn't on HAL but NCLs Star. It is a group cruise with our church and a few surrounding Episcopal churches. we will be sailing Sept 29th; Mexican Riv. I might squeeze one out between now and then but nothing planned.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Admiral

We don't have a HAL cruise booked right now. We just 12 days ago got off a 10 day Celebrity cruise. Have a cruise booked in Sept. on Carnival with wife's sister and bro. in-law. We also have a 10 day cruise booked
for next Jan. on Emerald Princes going to a couple of our favorite places--Dominica and Grenada. Hoping to work HAL in next year somewhere.
Old February 10th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Passenger

Default WHAT IS YOU NEXT???

HI,

I still can't believe it.......but am booked on HAL.....ASIA, AUSTRAILIA AND POLYNESIA EXPLORER.....a 64 day cruise.....I just know that this will be a cruise of a life time....

KODI
Old February 10th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Default Re: WHAT IS YOU NEXT???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KODI
HI,

I still can't believe it.......but am booked on HAL.....ASIA, AUSTRAILIA AND POLYNESIA EXPLORER.....a 64 day cruise.....I just know that this will be a cruise of a life time....
Is that the one that leaves in Sept. If so, I think I have a friend going as well. Have a great time.

Nita
Old February 10th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Passenger

Default WHICH ONE NEXT

HI NITA,

You got it right.....SEPT 21st out of Seattle.....has your friend looked over any of the land tours yet.....have been trying to find someone who has been to at least a few of the ports, do not want to miss any outstanding stops,,,

THANKS

KODI
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't have another HAL cruise booked right now , but I'm looking at a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Volendam next year that includes a partial transit of the Panama Canal.

For a change of pace, I'm going on a 12-day Carnival cruise to Hawaii. I looked at HAL itineraries, but the per diem was way more on HAL. I couldn't justify spending $1,000 more for basically the same itinerary.

Shelby
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: WHICH ONE NEXT

Quote:
HI NITA,

You got it right.....SEPT 21st out of Seattle.....has your friend looked over any of the land tours yet.....have been trying to find someone who has been to at least a few of the ports, do not want to miss any outstanding stops,,,

THANKS
Kodi, that's the one. I don't know what she has done but I will find out. We play bridge together quite often. I am guessing she has cruised HAL at least 10 times. I might be wrong about the number but it is about the only line she will consider.

Nita
Old February 10th, 2007, 06:10 PM
First Mate

Default What is Your Next?

sail7seas and all,

Our next is to Alaska June 12, 2007.
This will be our second cruise and we are really looking forward to it. Guess the saying is true.....if you sail once, you are hooked.

Our first was last June, flying to Honolulu and cruising the islands for seven days.

crabbie1
Old February 10th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Oosterdam April 14th, Grandeur May 13th, Maasdam October 18th, Noordam December 1st, Constellation January 18th, 08 and Eurodam October 18th, 08. How bout that for scheduling.
Old February 10th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Captain

Some GREAT bookings. Hope everyone has wonderful cruises.

We're booked b-to-b Maasdam for Canada/New England in June and then again in August......somewhat different itinerary.

Also booked for 14 days on Veendam Caribbean from Tampa.
Old February 11th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Passenger

HAL Veendam Tampa to Venice April 1 and QE2 Southampton to Ft.Lauderdale April 21...........

Claudia
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Zuiderdam-7 weeks from now.

Constellation
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Passenger

We'll be on HAL's Rotterdam from Valparaiso to Rio de Janeiro sailing on March 20th of this year. We did the very same cruise in 2006. We love the Rotterdam and this itinerary. We're taking our first Princess cruise in November. The Star Princess from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale.
Old February 14th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Beginner

We (and 10 family & friends) will be on the Statendam on 11-18-07 for our once-in-a-lifetime cruise in Australia/New Zealand. Can't wait!
Old February 15th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Admiral

I'm booked for two cruises in April ... one TransAtlantic on the Veendam ... from here to Venice ... and then a return trip "crossing the pond" on the QE2 to get back to the States.

Then, in January 2008, I'm headed back to Hawaii and the South Pacific ... 30-days of absolute bliss ... onboard the Ryndam.

So I'm covered clear through 2008.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old February 16th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to laffnvegas

Oh My, we have a very busy year of up coming cruises of course all on HAL. The first of 2007 is March 17th on the MS Oosterdam, then June 17th on the MS Noordam for Alaska, then a little 4 day Coastal from Vancouver to San Diego October 7th, then back to our favorite ship the MS Oosterdam December 15th. Then just to add to the numbers we will be booking the MS Oosterdam for March 8th 2008 when we cruise in March.
Old February 16th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jhannah

For the first time in ages we don't have a HAL cruise booked. Gotta' change that ... and soon!

But we are booked on the Disney Magic for next January. We're taking kids and grandkids on the Western Caribbean itinerary. There will be 10 of us! We had a great time together at Walt Disney World in January, 2006. I told them then that once the kiddoes got a tad older we'd have to do a Disney cruise. So we're anxious for that.
Old February 16th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

A b2b on the Veendam for which we leave in 14 days. And we are joining Kryos (Rita) on the 30 day South Pacific on the Ryndam.

Kodi, if you have some questions about ports in the South Pacific perhaps I can help.
Old February 16th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Passenger

Default WHAT'S NEXT???

HI CRUISEN' FOOL,

YOUR ADVERNTURES SOUND GREAT...HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN GETTING ANY INFO RE ANY OF THE PORTS OF CALL IN ASIA OR SOUTH PACIFIC....ANY THOUGHTS YOU WOULD CARE TO SHARE WOULD BE GREAT...ie; LAND OPTIONAL TOURS NOT TO BE MISSED....PORTS FOR THE BEST SHOPPING....CLOTHING, LEATHER, JEWELRY, ETC..

ALSO HOW DID YOU HANDLE CURRENCY AT THE VARIOUS PORTS??

THANKS,

KODI
Old February 19th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: WHAT'S NEXT???

Quote:
ALSO HOW DID YOU HANDLE CURRENCY AT THE VARIOUS PORTS??
I'm not CruisinFool, but perhaps I can help since I was on the January 2006 Hawaii/South Pacific sailing with her.

I just used plain ole US money in all of the ports. They are used to US tourists in the South Pacific islands (Bora Bora, Papeete, Raiatea and Moorea. The vendors will list prices in both Francs and US dollars, so it is easy to determine how much an item will cost you. Be aware, though, that things are very pricey in the South Pacific ... far more so than in the Hawaaian islands (and I thought they were bad!)

In Nuku Hiva, in the Marquesas Islands, the US dollar is also good. Be aware that on that one island, though, HAL offers absolutely no shore excursions since there aren't a lot of vendors there. So, if you want to see/do something in particular, it would be best to set it up independently before you go ... otherwise, you will be stuck with just walking around the dock area and visiting the various vendors' stalls placed there.

If you decide to do a South Pacific itinerary, you won't be sorry. I did it in January of 2006 ... figuring that it would be a "once in a lifetime" experience. Imagine my surprise when I found myself booking it again for 2008, despite the relatively high cost of such a 30-day cruise. It is truly that good.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old February 19th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Passenger

Default WHAT'S NEXT???

HI KRYOS,

THANKS FOR THE INFO RE $$$'S....REALLY HELPFUL....MY TRIP, THE 64 DAY ASIA, AUSTRALIA AND POLYNESIA EXPLORER ALSO INCLUDE STOPS IN JAPAN, CHINA, (BEIJING, SHANGHAI, AND HONG KONG)AND AUSTRALIA, I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR HINTS RE LAND TOURS???

THANKS

KODI