Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: On this line, would it be possible to order room service from the regular restaurant menu during mea
Yes 6 75.00%
NO 1 12.50%
Don't Know 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Beginner

Default Restaurant Menu & Getting Room Service

On this line, would it be possible to order room service from the regular restaurant menu during meal times?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Not sure why you posted this as a poll, but I'll try to answer your question. I believe on HAL that you have to order room service dinner from the dining room menu within the first 30-60 minutes that the dining room is open.

There's a poster here named Sail7Seas, who has done quite a few HAL cruises. If she sees your question, I'm sure she can give you a more definitive answer.

Shelby
Old February 10th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Captain

ON HAL, we can order from the Dining Room dinner menu but the order must be placed during the first thirty minutes the dining room opens each evening. You can have it delivered at the time of your choice but you must place your order during that time span.

They always post copies of the dinner menu outside the dining room for us to see early in the day. If you happen to be in a category "S" or "PS" cabin, the concierge can place your order for you.

We have only done it a few times throughout our many days aboard and each of those few times it was excellent. Our order was delivered with everything we ordered, hot foods came hot and cold food as appropriate, was cold.

Be sure to ask for everything you wish. If you order a hamburg and want ketchup, be sure to ask for it. If you want butter for a roll, ask for it. Be precise and exact and they will also.

Enjoy.
Old February 10th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for answering the question, Sail. Very informative.

Shelby
Old February 10th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail7seas
ON HAL, we can order from the Dining Room dinner menu but the order must be placed during the first thirty minutes the dining room opens each evening. You can have it delivered at the time of your choice but you must place your order during that time span.

They always post copies of the dinner menu outside the dining room for us to see early in the day. If you happen to be in a category "S" or "PS" cabin, the concierge can place your order for you.

We have only done it a few times throughout our many days aboard and each of those few times it was excellent. Our order was delivered with everything we ordered, hot foods came hot and cold food as appropriate, was cold.

Be sure to ask for everything you wish. If you order a hamburg and want ketchup, be sure to ask for it. If you want butter for a roll, ask for it. Be precise and exact and they will also.

Enjoy.
yes, that is the way it works and yes, you have to ask for every little thing you want. We didn't do dinner, but did breakfast 3 times on our last HAL cruise. Everything was hot or as you said, cold if it was supposed to be. Would we ever order dinner? I don't think so and the reason, unless you have a suite it is just too crowded. Even eating on the balcony doesn't work that well. Besides we don't spend that much time in the cabin. Having breakfast is ideal, just to get our morning coffee not to mention it saves time on port days. NMnita
Old February 10th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

I agree...that little table in most cabins is barely big enough to hold a cup of coffee and a croissant.

Shelby
Old February 16th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I Love eating dinner in my cabin. As I said, I am not one foro dressing up. It is the perfect way to avoid having to get all gussied up on formal night. Thanks for the tip, Judy!

FYI - if you are sick some ships will deliver dining room service who would not otherwise.
Old February 16th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

On our Statendam Cruise I was not feeling well, on one evening, and my wife went to dinner on her own. She told our waiter why I was not at the table and that I would order something from room service. He told her to just order for me and he would make sure it was delivered.

She excused herself from the table and gave me a quick call and in about thirty minutes a full dinner arrived in the cabin. It also had a note from our waiter, wishing me well.

This basically fell into the thirty minute category but it was very nice of our waiter to tell my wife, let her call me, place the order and to make the arrange the delivery and write the note. It was a special touch.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me