Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Beginner

Default Your views on Noordam VE balcony room please

Hello, this is my very first cruise, and I chose the VE balcony room on the balcony level of the Noordam. Now after I have been reading about the various choices, I am wondering if I should have postponed my ability to retire for another ten years and taken a suite instead? What I hope to get out of the Alaska cruise is privacy (I am very shy and will stay in my room much of the time, I think), a chance to see the beautiful coast and glaciers from my balcony, and in general peace and quiet. I do not mind walking far to public areas, and I do not require spacious digs. But I really hope I will have a nice view of Alaska and Puget Sound from my balcony. What are my chances?
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default VE balcony

JenW,

I just did an 11 day in a VF on the Noordam. It was great. The room is pretty good size, and although the verandah is not huge it's quite adequate for taking in the sights and relaxing. If you're not going to venture out of the room a lot I think you'll really appreciate the sense of space that the verandah gives. Take binoculars!!!
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Last year my husband an I took a cruise to Alaska and got a cabin with a balcony. You will love it! You can setup to have breakfast delivered to your room evermorning without additional cost and even dinner. I would recommend though that you do venture out and enjoy the different resturants on the ship or sit in the lounge chairs in the public areas to read a book and to get different perpectives of the views. People are very nice and will not bother you.

One thing I do recommend is that if you want to be able to see the beautiful views from your balcony, make sure you are on the port side of the ship so you will be facing land. In other words, if your are crusing from Seattle to Alaska get a room on the right side of the ship. Sure hope your cruise includes Habbard Bay....it is amazing! Good luck, enjoy your trip and hope you can at least find a nice new friend.