Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Passenger

Default Re: BEST HAL EMPLOYEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusin' fool
Is there one special someone who made your cruise extra special? [...] I mean someone who really went the exra mile.
Tina, front office staff on the Maasdam. She was the one who finally took us seriously when we were stuck in a room that was over 80 degrees (see my post "HAL Lost Customer"), actually came to our room with a thermometer, and found us another room, whereas the previous woman (whose name I've blessedly forgotten) just told us to wait a few more hours more (it had been days like this) until the room cooled down.

Tina was a godsend who saved our cruise from being a total disaster.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jhannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm54
Did you mention her in your letter to HAL? If so, I hope they did the right thing and passed the praise onto her.

It's too bad they didn't even acknowledge your letter.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlalena1
hey Jim- did I read on another site known for its extreme slowness that Captain Scott had written a book?
Captain Scott's wife, Susan, has written a book, and I bought two copies while on the Noordam on the 02/07 cruise. He was so wonderful...he wrote a nice note in one for our friends who had to cancel because of surgery, and he signed both. What a wonderfully warm man he is!
Old March 4th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhannah
Quote:
Did you mention her in your letter to HAL? If so, I hope they did the right thing and passed the praise onto her.

It's too bad they didn't even acknowledge your letter.
Yes, I praised her highly in the letter. (I also thanked her personally later in the cruise.) Who knows whether the praise in the letter garnered any more response than the complaint.
Old March 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Yes, I praised her highly in the letter. (I also thanked her personally later in the cruise.) Who knows whether the praise in the letter garnered any more response than the complaint.
From what I've been told by several cruise directors, HAL takes letters of praise very, very seriously. In fact, people get promoted based upon the number of such letters in their personnel files.

I actually had one cabin steward on the Amsterdam who I complimented very highly at the end of the cruise, along with greasing his palm a bit for stellar service. He somewhat jokingly (though I am sure he was serious) asked me to put my praise in writing to HAL. I told him I would definitely do that.

Well, I'm sure that plenty of other people complimented him in writing as well because on my latest Amsterdam cruise I found out that he was working up on the Navigation Deck now ... servicing the luxury suites. Frankly, I was not at all surprised.

Blue skies ...

--rita