Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Default CM's Who Have Been On A Full Charter Theme Cruise

As I am completing my plans for next year's Smooth Jazz Cruise (328 days and counting) on the Westerdam , my GF keeps asking me why I am in the "full charter mode" which due to the premium cost means we can only cruise once every other year instead of taking a "normal" cruise every year.

I've become spoiled and frankly would have a hard time going on a "normal" cruise now that I've discovered the smooth jazz theme (or any theme that rings your bell) cruises.

I'm curious, for those CM's that have been on a full charter theme cruise what differences do you see between the two ?

I find that due to the common theme that brings cruisers together on these types of charters, the entire ships atomosphere is more united, the ship seems to have more energy at night at dinner as everyone is preparing for the evenings premium entertainment, the after show all night jam sessions are to die for, and even the shore excursions are more engaging because chances are, your favorite artist and his/her family will be on your excursion. Plus the ship's staff seems to be more
engaged with the guests. On a theme cruise I don't mind paying as much for an inside cabin, as it would cost for a suite on a "normal" cruise

For those CM'ers that have been on a full charter, what was the theme, did you notice a difference between that type of cruise and a "normal" cruise.

My GF is not complaining, she just doesn't like inside cabins, charter or no charter
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Beginner

We sail the Blues Cruise on the Westerdam and share all of your observations and opinions. We'd to the Smooth Jazz too if we had the $$!
Have a wonderful cruise,
Holly
Old February 25th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Admiral

I was never on a full charter theme cruise, but I did attend the "Maui Writer's Retreat at Sea" on the Rotterdam in 2004. We had about 500-600 people participating in conference events on the ship, but there were general passengers on that sailing as well. They just couldn't attend our special classes and whatnot.

Blue skies ...

--rita