Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Captain

Default Newspapers ~~ Thank You, Seattle........

Several years ago, HAL stopped providing complimentary newspapers on port days to "PS" and "S" category cabins. It was one of the amenities we enjoyed and missed when it became very sporadic to see a newspaper.

I know some people don't want to know the news while cruising but I love to see a newspaper and we can't always find a newstand or place to pick up a paper when in port.

I was reading the 2008 Europe Brochure last night and see in the amenities list, they now say we will receive a USA Today or International Herald when in port.

I'm really happy they are doing this and say Thanks for listening to our comments, Seattle.

I now look forward to sitting on our veranda, sipping a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper.

Ahhhh......cruising life is Goooood!!!

Are you one who wants a newspaper when cruising or you want to escape from the world when aboard.
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Passenger

Hi Sail,

We appreciate the small newspapers that HAL hand out to our cabins especially once they started to give us the small copies of Australian news back in 2005. It is great to read of news from home, and my DH does enjoy reading sporting part of the paper as very little of our sport is on CNN or any of the other TV stations.

Jennie
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Oh goodness me no. I want to be totally stress free when I cruise and that means no news. Although I understand to some it would be stressful NOT to know what is going on
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jhannah

The New York Times Digest is good enough for me. I like to keep up with the high points of world affairs, and that does it. Sometimes in the evening or while dressing for dinner I enjoy watching CNN.
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Newspapers ~~ Thank You, Seattle........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail7seas
Are you one who wants a newspaper when cruising or you want to escape from the world when aboard.
That is a nice ammenity and I'm glad you will once again have the chance to enjoy it.

Myself? I work for a newspaper ... two of them actually ... and read them cover to cover every night at work. When I go on vacation, I don't want to be bothered ... mainly because I am reading other things ... a good novel or non-fiction book ... something I don't often get the chance to get through at home with my busy schedule.

Blue skies ...

--rita