Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Captain

Default Do You Take the Time?

If you have had a wonderful cruise, do you ever take a few minutes and send a letter of praise to Seattle Headquarters telling them all the good things you enjoyed?

Do you send letters of complaint?
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have delivered letters of complaint to the front office and followed them up with a copy to Seattle. I have done the same with letters of commendation.

Once we did have a serious problem and as usual copied our letter and sent it to Seattle. We received communication from Seattle. Apparently the ship did not forward it on as they are supposed to do. The entire front office was on inspection for possibly not sending other bad reports forward.

We didn't do it to get anyone in trouble. It would seem they had a problem on that particular ship.
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Admiral

usually I fill the cards that they give at the end of the cruise. i will put down a comment at the end . so far it always a nice one!!!
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Do You Take the Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail7seas
If you have had a wonderful cruise, do you ever take a few minutes and send a letter of praise to Seattle Headquarters telling them all the good things you enjoyed?

Do you send letters of complaint?
Actually, I did on one particular cruise ... a letter full of praise for a few people who made that cruise particularly enjoyable. I got the address (snail mail) from the front desk for HAL's Seattle office because I wanted to type out the letter when I got home. I have a difficult time handwriting correspondence of more than a couple of sentences (wrist problems).

Never had to complain ... at least not yet anyway. Nothing has ever been that big of an issue to warrant such.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jhannah

I have never done either. I make comments on the passenger questionnaire and have never experienced anything strongly enough positive or negative to cause me to write Seattle.

But if they mess up my dining arrangements ...
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhannah
But if they mess up my dining arrangements ...
... or if they ever stick me in "As You Wish" dining, Seattle will be hearing from me ... more loudly and clearly than they ever wanted to.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old February 27th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Admiral

I have sent more letters of praise than letters to complain, but I have done both. 8)
Old February 27th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Passenger

As a former employee of a airline I know how important a letter of complaint or praise can be. I always take the time to write a letter of praise. I usually will only complain if it is a very bad infraction. It will have to be something that really makes me fear for my safety or makes me very mad. These letters used to make a huge difference, I am not so sure they really do any more. It is a shame, but that is the way of change.
Old February 27th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsel
As a former employee of a airline I know how important a letter of complaint or praise can be. I always take the time to write a letter of praise. I usually will only complain if it is a very bad infraction. It will have to be something that really makes me fear for my safety or makes me very mad. These letters used to make a huge difference, I am not so sure they really do any more. It is a shame, but that is the way of change.
gxel, I think the letters do make a difference. I have a daughter who is a ticket agent for a major airline at a very busy airport and prior to becoming a TA I worked for a large hotel reservation company. I can guarantee you those letters make a big difference. NMnita
Old February 27th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to laffnvegas

Most people will only take the time to write a letter only if they are upset and felt they have been wronged. Which unfortunately is not fair but I admit I too am guilty of not writing a letter of Praise to Seattle but then I also have never sent a complaint letter. I do get very detailed with the questioneer at the end. I do know that the Hotel Manager and his staff do read these and the good and the bad get passed down to the appropriate departments. Out last cruise on the Zaandam in November was so wonderful and it took me at least an hour with very small print to write out how wonderful the whole crew was.

I would suspect that I will need an extra page to write for our upcoming cruise for listing all the praises.
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Passenger

I am going to be much better with my letters! I do fill out the HAL questionaire with great detail at the end of each cruise, sometimes using lots of extra stationary.
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Captain

I know for a fact the end of cruise comment sheets are very carefully read and taken very, very seriously.

They are reviewed by Hotel Manager, Guest Relations Manager, Culinary Operations Manager (F & B) and others aboard. They are then forwarded to Seattle for further review.

The ships strive so hard to get good ratings from the guests. Good ratings mean they have succeeded at providing a wonderful cruise and most of us know how hard they work to do that.

We all like the reward for our hard work.