Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Default cruise stops

I like cruises with the least cruise stops. I wish I could cruise with no stops.. 7 days or 10 days on the seas with no land in sight , I would love to do. what do you cruisemates like ,less stops or more stops.
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Earl, this is known as a cruise to nowhere. Some folks just love them. Now, I just love sea days, my cruise in Jan will have 17, but I still want ports to go to. If for no other reason, gotta find new places to shop
Old February 28th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Passenger

I like a mixture of both ports and sea days. On our last cruise of 34 days we had 14 ports with one overnighter and the rest were 19 sea days. It was a good mixture.

When we did our South American cruise to Antarctica in January last year, we missed two ports due to bad weather and ended up having 11 sea days in a row which were far too many! It is great to be able to spread the sea days and the port days so that you only end up having 3 sea days at the most between the ports.

Jennie

Until we sail on the Nautica - HongKong to Athens
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

We equally enjoy both port and sea days. We try to pick an itinerary that has about an equal number. We rarely do a shore excursion, but we totally enjoy shopping or beaching at the stops, depending on the port. At sea, we love to just relax and be totally lazy. Something DW will never let me get away with at home.

Tim

Western Caribbean - Holland America Westerdam

Alaska Explorer - Holland America Westerdam
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: cruise stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl
I like cruises with the least cruise stops. I wish I could cruise with no stops.. 7 days or 10 days on the seas with no land in sight , I would love to do. what do you cruisemates like ,less stops or more stops.
Then a QE2 or QM2 roundtrip TransAtlantic would be perfect for you. New York to Southampton and then back again. Two cruises, back-to-back, twelve days entirely at sea.

You'd love it.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jhannah

I fully enjoy sea days, but two in a row is about my limit. I'm then ready to "go" somewhere. That's why trans-Atlantics/-Pacifics are of no interest to me at all.
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegal
I like a mixture of both ports and sea days. On our last cruise of 34 days we had 14 ports with one overnighter and the rest were 19 sea days. It was a good mixture.
Jennie
I'm 100% with you, Jeannie. I can't stand itineraries that have you running around in port everyday. I like longer cruises, with a mix. The Hawaii/South Pacific cruise that HAL does in January is like that. Lots of leisurely days at sea, with some really interesting ports thrown in too, along with a couple of overnights. Perfect!

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Depending on who I am cruising with: DH loves port intensive cruises, I don't care especially since we have done the Carabbean so many times. DD likes 1/2 and 1/2: I think that is my favorite. 3 or 4 ports on a 6 day cruise; 5 on a longer one. DH would like 6 ports on a 5 day cruise.