Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Question about digital photo kiosks

In the past, I have used the digital photo kiosk in the ship's photo gallery to print pics for friends we have met on the ship. However, does anybody know if you can make a CD at those kiosks? Or should I go out and buy a couple extra flash cards? I would hate to get to Rome and not have enough room on my cards for all the pics I hope to take there. If I can burn the pics to a CD, I could reuse the cards.

Ruby Princess (Inaugural) -
Celebrity Mercury (30th Anniversary) -
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Question about digital photo kiosks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharHite
In the past, I have used the digital photo kiosk in the ship's photo gallery to print pics for friends we have met on the ship. However, does anybody know if you can make a CD at those kiosks? Or should I go out and buy a couple extra flash cards? I would hate to get to Rome and not have enough room on my cards for all the pics I hope to take there. If I can burn the pics to a CD, I could reuse the cards.
I don't know if you can actually burn CDs at the kiosks, but I do know that the photo gallery offers that service. Not sure of the price, though, because this upcoming cruise will be the first one where I am stepping up to digital.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old March 31st, 2007, 09:44 AM
First Mate

Default Question about digital phote kiosks

kyros is right about the photo gallery. The prices we have incurred for the disc were between $9.50 and $11.00.

crabbie1
Old April 29th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Beginner

You can also pop into a photo shop in Rome or other ports and take care of this. We carry a Wolverine to save our digital photos so that we don't run out of room. There are lots more options with digital. Be sure to set your camera to the highest resolution for editting later on.
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe

On the Zaandam 10/2007 I did both, had a CD made and bought an extra memory card. I do this because I accidently deleted some pictures I really wanted.Maybe you are more digatal savvy than I am.
CeCe
Old May 12th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeCe
On the Zaandam 10/2007 I did both, had a CD made and bought an extra memory card. I do this because I accidently deleted some pictures I really wanted.Maybe you are more digatal savvy than I am.
CeCe
You were lucky you could get a memory card. My digital camera is a bit older, and it doesn't take the high speed one or two gig cards. The photo shop onboard wasn't able to help me. Luckily, at one of our ports, I was able to purchase a 256K card ... otherwise, I'd have been stuck with one 16K and one 64K, which doesn't hold all that many photos.

Blue skies ...

--rita