Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Beginner

Default Which ship for Alaska?

I am looking for the best cruise to Alaska for my family, 3 kids (ages 1-8), myself and DH. Which HAL ship cruising Alaska would you recommend? We want to cruise on the Glacier Discovery itinerary going form Vancouver to Seward. I assume the ships cruising this year will be the same next year, Statendam & Ryndam? My children are experienced travelers and very well-behaved (and we as parents do not believe the crew is responsible for keeping our children in line!), but I am concerned if these would be good ships for my family. HAL is our first choice, but if you think another line would better meet our needs, I would love suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2007, 11:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Which ship for Alaska?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotravel
I am looking for the best cruise to Alaska for my family, 3 kids (ages 1-8), myself and DH. Which HAL ship cruising Alaska would you recommend? We want to cruise on the Glacier Discovery itinerary going form Vancouver to Seward. I assume the ships cruising this year will be the same next year, Statendam & Ryndam? My children are experienced travelers and very well-behaved (and we as parents do not believe the crew is responsible for keeping our children in line!), but I am concerned if these would be good ships for my family. HAL is our first choice, but if you think another line would better meet our needs, I would love suggestions.
If you are looking at next year's Alaska season, 2008, the ships going from Vancouver to Anchorage (Seward) will be the Volendam, Zaandam, and Veendam. Zaandam and Volendam will go to Glacier Bay, College Fjord, and Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan, while Veendam will go to Hubbard Glacier and Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, and Sitka. So you need to choose your itinerary first.

Some people like to cruise HAL with their children, and other people don't.
You won't find that many children on HAL Alaska cruises on those three vessels, but there will be some. I say bring 'em.