CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   Ship building on the Dam ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/332814-ship-building-dam-ships.html)

FLLP May 5th, 2007 10:52 AM

Ship building on the Dam ships

Hey folks....why aren't you entering the ship building contests? They are a complete blast to do. I enter everytime I can. DJ Mike on the Westerdam told me that they might do away with it since no one enters. PLEASE ENTER!!!! I use this contest to help me sleep. I am wound up at the end of a day, so I work on my ship before I go to sleep. When I wake up I work on it to get me going. SO PLEASE ENTER!!! You won't regret it. It is soooooooooooooooooooooo much fun. LOL :wink: :-P

kryos May 6th, 2007 04:31 AM

Re: Ship building on the Dam ships

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLLP
Hey folks....why aren't you entering the ship building contests? They are a complete blast to do. I enter everytime I can. DJ Mike on the Westerdam told me that they might do away with it since no one enters. PLEASE ENTER!!!! I use this contest to help me sleep. I am wound up at the end of a day, so I work on my ship before I go to sleep. When I wake up I work on it to get me going. SO PLEASE ENTER!!! You won't regret it. It is soooooooooooooooooooooo much fun. LOL :wink: :-P

Trust me ... anything I built wouldn't even come close to floating. In fact, it would probably promptly sink as soon as it hit the water. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

FLLP May 6th, 2007 07:30 AM

That's the fun of the contest. Build it. If it floats that's cool, if it sinks that's funny! LOL

Divemaster May 6th, 2007 08:48 AM

Rita:

It is not just about floating! A grand sinking will also win applause as will a very creative ship. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryos
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLLP

Trust me ... anything I built wouldn't even come close to floating. In fact, it would probably promptly sink as soon as it hit the water. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

earl May 7th, 2007 10:20 AM

I have seen it done a few times, some of the ships that was built
were really amazing.

kryos May 7th, 2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divemaster
Rita:

It is not just about floating! A grand sinking will also win applause as will a very creative ship. :D

Ummmmmm, then maybe I will look into participating in this activity on my next HAL cruise. LOL ... Lord knows, I can sure provide a grand sinking ... and can probably do that with very little effort on my part. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Divemaster May 7th, 2007 11:06 PM

That's the spirit. All hail the Prinsendam I, the favorite ship of divers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryos
Quote:

Originally Posted by Divemaster
Rita:

Ummmmmm, then maybe I will look into participating in this activity on my next HAL cruise. LOL ... Lord knows, I can sure provide a grand sinking ... and can probably do that with very little effort on my part. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita