Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Ship building on the Dam ships

Hey folks....why aren't you entering the ship building contests? They are a complete blast to do. I enter everytime I can. DJ Mike on the Westerdam told me that they might do away with it since no one enters. PLEASE ENTER!!!! I use this contest to help me sleep. I am wound up at the end of a day, so I work on my ship before I go to sleep. When I wake up I work on it to get me going. SO PLEASE ENTER!!! You won't regret it. It is soooooooooooooooooooooo much fun.
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Ship building on the Dam ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLP
Hey folks....why aren't you entering the ship building contests? They are a complete blast to do. I enter everytime I can. DJ Mike on the Westerdam told me that they might do away with it since no one enters. PLEASE ENTER!!!! I use this contest to help me sleep. I am wound up at the end of a day, so I work on my ship before I go to sleep. When I wake up I work on it to get me going. SO PLEASE ENTER!!! You won't regret it. It is soooooooooooooooooooooo much fun.
Trust me ... anything I built wouldn't even come close to floating. In fact, it would probably promptly sink as soon as it hit the water.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old May 6th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

That's the fun of the contest. Build it. If it floats that's cool, if it sinks that's funny!
Old May 6th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Rita:

It is not just about floating! A grand sinking will also win applause as will a very creative ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLP
Trust me ... anything I built wouldn't even come close to floating. In fact, it would probably promptly sink as soon as it hit the water.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Admiral

I have seen it done a few times, some of the ships that was built
were really amazing.
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Rita:

It is not just about floating! A grand sinking will also win applause as will a very creative ship.
Ummmmmm, then maybe I will look into participating in this activity on my next HAL cruise. ... Lord knows, I can sure provide a grand sinking ... and can probably do that with very little effort on my part.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Admiral

That's the spirit. All hail the Prinsendam I, the favorite ship of divers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Rita:

Ummmmmm, then maybe I will look into participating in this activity on my next HAL cruise. ... Lord knows, I can sure provide a grand sinking ... and can probably do that with very little effort on my part.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas