Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Passenger

Default ms Rotterdam daily activities

I've never taken a trip on a HAL ship, but my husband and I will be taking the 12 days cruise to the Baltics next summer.

On other ships I've been on, and list of the next day's activities comes out the night before. Does that occur on the Rotterdam? If not, how does one find out what activities are available.

And, it would be GREAT if anyone had an old copy of the itinerary that they could scan and post. I'd love to see it.

Thanks!

Sheila
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Yes, you will receive the daily program listing the next day's events the night before along with all kinds of ads from the shops, spa, Park West auctioneers, and a chocolate on your pillow.

Sorry I don't have a scanner to post a daily program but I am sure someone on this board will have one.

If you have any more question, please do ask.
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ms Rotterdam daily activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhansaMi
On other ships I've been on, and list of the next day's activities comes out the night before. Does that occur on the Rotterdam? If not, how does one find out what activities are available.

And, it would be GREAT if anyone had an old copy of the itinerary that they could scan and post. I'd love to see it.
I can't help you with the Rotterdam, since I haven't sailed it since 2004 ... but I do know that ALL HAL ships have a daily program (following the same format throughout the fleet) which is delivered to your cabin the night before. On it, you will find some articles about the goings on around the ship the next day, as well as the next day's service hours of all bars, lounges, restaurants and other facilities around the ship. On one section of these folded program is a perforated tear-off page containing the daily schedule of activities. It's of just the size to be handy for folding up and tucking into your pocket or beach bag. This way you can carry it around conveniently to refer to throughout the day.

I have a ton of daily programs from my recent Veendam cruise of last month. I'd be happy to send them to you if you want to email me here at Cruise Mates ... rita@cruisemates.com ... with your snail mail address.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ms Rotterdam daily activities

Yes, they used to be slipped under the door, now I believe they are all posted by the side of your door. Don't forget to pick up extras at the front office for your scrap book. You should also be able to get decks of cards there which make cool gimmes for kiddos. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhansaMi
On other ships I've been on, and list of the next day's activities comes out the night before. Does that occur on the Rotterdam?
Thanks!

Sheila
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Usually you will find them on your bed at night when you return from supper with a chocolate on your bed also.
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Admiral

Yeah, seen it done that way, aboard too... Do miss the oldstyle "coasters" under the chocolates versus the newer generic ones. Ditoo the new somewhat generic repeater tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl
Usually you will find them on your bed at night when you return from supper with a chocolate on your bed also.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe

I noticed that no one has posted since May. If I am a little late, here is my two cents.

Our steward placed ours on the bed if it came early.

I did not kown about the cards. I did get extra for scrapbooking.

This is why I read the boards, you always find out something you did not know.

Sailing on the Rotterdam August 20,2007. Only 20 something days to go .
CeCe