Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Admiral

Default DIVEMASTER CONGRATS

CONGRATULATIONS !! I see that in 4 days . you are going on the
Nordam. You must be counting the minutes. Have a great cruise
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Bon Voyage, Divemaster!

Have a great cruise!

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: DIVEMASTER CONGRATS

Actually between here and there I still have to pack - for the cruise; the trip to Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Vermont, right after the cruise; the Boy Scout trip to Camp Fawcett next week (I'm the life guard and scoutmaster this trip); a dive at Lake Amistead (Texas-Mexican border) with a new scouter/diver from work; the scout summer camp at Lost Pines; and an oil rig dive. After my various travels, I will need a real restful vacation. Luckily my thoughtful kiddo has got one planned for me - taking him hiking and climbing in Yosemite National Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl
CONGRATULATIONS !! I see that in 4 days . you are going on the
Nordam. You must be counting the minutes. Have a great cruise
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Actually between here and there I still have to pack - for the cruise; the trip to Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Vermont, right after the cruise; the Boy Scout trip to Camp Fawcett next week (I'm the life guard and scoutmaster this trip); a dive at Lake Amistead (Texas-Mexican border) with a new scouter/diver from work; the scout summer camp at Lost Pines; and an oil rig dive.
... I wouldn't want your "vacation" schedule for all the tea in china.

Somehow I think going to work would be more restful.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old May 11th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Hi Rita:

Indeed, my vacation schedules are exhausting. Planning one now for July involving 8 scouters and a hike 3,500 feet up Yosemite Falls in bear country. Its just like walking a ship's promenade deck, only longer and slightly more verticle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryos
Quote:
Actually between here and there I still have to pack - for the cruise; the trip to Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Vermont, right after the cruise; the Boy Scout trip to Camp Fawcett next week (I'm the life guard and scoutmaster this trip); a dive at Lake Amistead (Texas-Mexican border) with a new scouter/diver from work; th
e scout summer camp at Lost Pines; and an oil rig dive.
... I wouldn't want your "vacation" schedule for all the tea in china.

Somehow I think going to work would be more restful.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 12th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Indeed, my vacation schedules are exhausting. Planning one now for July involving 8 scouters and a hike 3,500 feet up Yosemite Falls in bear country. Its just like walking a ship's promenade deck, only longer and slightly more verticle.
... well, if you like vertical, you can always take those scouts skydiving. There's nothing more "vertical" than that.

No, I don't think I'd liken climbing climbing up Yosemite Falls to walking the promenade deck. The Falls take much more stamnia.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Admiral

In fact, we do take the scouts flying - gliding, small craft and fixed wing. At the Aviation Merit Badge event this spring in Hondo we actually had some scouts in a plane that did a hard landing due to landing gear failure.

I'm back from vacation - 6 planes, 2 trains, 2 boats, 1 cruise ship, 4 buses, 1 car, 5 miles walking over 2 oceans, 2 countries, and 8 states in 3 days. Highlights included our Amtrak train being filmed in Canada, doing crowd control for a bright star on the aft deck of the Noordam and seing a beaver in Vermont (hadn't seen a live one since a kid). Had a nice room aboard the Noordam with a jacuzzi tub this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryos
Quote:
... well, if you like vertical, you can always take those scouts skydiving. There's nothing more "vertical" than that.

No, I don't think I'd liken climbing climbing up Yosemite Falls to walking the promenade deck. The Falls take much more stamnia.

Blue skies ...

--rita