Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Beginner

Default First time on HAL - how is the Oosterdam?

My wife and I are leaving June 2 out of Seattle - 7 day Alaska inside passage. We have been guaranteed a suite, but not sure if we'll be able to upgrade within the suite class. Do all suite passengers get to use the Neptune lounge and Pinnacles for breakfast, regardless of suite class?

The other cruise lines I have traveled with are Celebrity, Princess, Carnival (once and never again), and Oceania (Oceania has been the best by far).

We don't want to do any formal nights, so I was wondering if meals from the dinning room could be delivered via room service? Also, will slacks and a collared shirt be sufficient for the other nights (informal/casual)?

Is the Pinnacle grill worth the $30? I have read that the first night is half off - is that still the case?

Do you know the policy about bringing wine on board? Is it allowed and how much is corkage?

Overall, how did you like the Oosterdam?

I appreciate any feedback. Cheers,

Stu
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to laffnvegas

Stu, the Oosterdam is my favorite ship. We have sailed on her 4 times with the most recend being March 17th. Our first time to sail on her was Alaska in May 2004. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the ship and her crew and officers. You are going at a great time because (in my opinion) you will be sailing with the BEST Captain and the BEST Hotel Manager. You are going to have a wonderful time.