Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default State rooms on Noordam

I was looking at the virtual tours of staterooms on Noordam and compared them what Holland's says their staterooms are like. Noordam virtual tour shows inside rooms with no chairs at all just a coffee table (others of our group have inside rooms), but Holland shows the inside state rooms have a couch and a coffee table looks really nice. We have a verandah state room with balcony. Holland shows ours with a lounge and another chair plus a table outside. Noordam shows two sitting chairs with a table between. Are there dvd's to go with the dvd player? Do you get these somewhere else? Has anyone brought theirs from home? Noordam virtual tour shows a dvd player under the flatscreen tv. On carnival the tv had movies showing on it, does Noordam have movies showing on their tv's too. We really never had time to watch the tv, but I was just curious since we will be spending so much time on the balcony watching the beauty of the scenery and the wildlife.

Thank you for any help any cruisers on Noordam can tell me. Its a little confusing. Our cruise is July 8th to Alaska starting at Seattle.
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Admiral

The only Noordam Verandah cabins with a lounge are the Deluxe Suites, SA/SB/SC. The Superior verandah cabins have two chairs, two ottomans and a table. I am not quite sure what the other veranah cabins have, but I don't think they have a lounge.

I am sure the Inside cabins have one or 2 chairs, but I will ask a friend who always takes an inside cabin what she had in her cabin. There is a small sofa also.

What cabin are you in? If I know this, then I can tell you what furniture you will have on your verandah. There are so many categories of verandah cabins, some of which are smaller than others, so I really don't know what you will have.

Yes, you can take your own DVD's. If you are in a Deluxe Suite then you can get them from the Concierge, otherwise check with the front desk. There will be a binder on the dressing table in your cabin with a list of the DVD's available.

HAL does show movies on their TV's.
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

We have a vc room and the rest of our group have a L rooms.
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianeisme313
We have a vc room and the rest of our group have a L rooms.
Instead of looking at the Virtual Tour seciton, click on "Explore Staterooms". Now, these photos were probably taken from one of the other Vista ships while the Noordam was being built. As they state

"Stateroom Images and Virtual Tours are representative of how your stateroom will look. Some rooms in the same category may have different furniture configurations and/or facilities. Room measurements are approximate. Please see deck plans for specific information.. Therefore, your cabins may not even look like this.

I doubt very much you will have a lounge on your verandah - it's not that big. You will have at least one chair, one sofa and one table in your cabin as will the inside cabins. There will no doubt be 2 chairs, and a small table on your verandah.

You and all your friends will not be able to sit/stand on your verandah so the best viewing will be in the Crows Nest, Explorer's Lounge or the Lido inside and out or outside on the deck.

Have a great time.
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you very much for the quick response. Really appreciate the information.

I could tell it wasn't going to be very big. Looks like alot of furniture in a small space.

I felt clautophobic in a inside room & hated not knowing if it was day or night. We really enjoyed our last cruise that they upgraded us to a room with a window. It had a couch and we just loved it. Even had room for us to shove the suitcases into a corner. The inside room we had to shove the suitcases under the bed. These were both Carnival ships Paradise and Valor.

On the deck we are on it looks like you can go to the front of the ship and walk around. I even emailed Holland and ask if that was a public area. It's the verandah deck.
Old June 9th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Admiral

There won't be any room in the cabin to store your suitcases so they will have to go under the bed. Even with a Superior Suite, that's where we store our luggage as do most people.

I'm not sure that deck at the front of the ship is a public area or not as the windows from the 2 SY suites look onto it. However they may be like one way mirroirs so that the occupants can look out but you can't look in. I notice there are stairs there so passengers probably can use it.

You will love the Noordam - she is a beautiful ship.
Old June 9th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you.
Old June 10th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Passenger

Do all statemerooms supply robes on the Noordam or just balconies and above?
Old June 10th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you look under accomadations you will see all that is offered in your room. Although i'm a new Holland cruiser, it really looks like robes are in every cabin. They really look like they bend over for every guest to make our stay very luxurious. Study the holland website and the state rooms.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/signat...ommodations.do
Old June 10th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingJen
Yes, all staterooms get robes. They are a waffle weave with a thin terry lining. One size fits all. However, I believe that they do have some extra large ones that your cabin steward can get for you if need be.
Old June 10th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Quote:
Yes, all staterooms get robes. They are a waffle weave with a thin terry lining. One size fits all. However, I believe that they do have some extra large ones that your cabin steward can get for you if need be.
Actually I drown in the OSFA. I normally wear a small or XS.
Old June 10th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Quote:
Actually I drown in the OSFA. I normally wear a small or XS.
Lucky you - at least it covers you, whereas I have seen some people who should never wear them exept in the privacy of their cabin.

I do wish people wouldn't wear them around the ship. That is so tacky! I don't understand why they can't bring a cover-up for their bathing suit. I don't think the robes were meant to be worn outside your cabin, but again, to each his own!
Old June 11th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

They had a white day on Carnival and people were wearing their robes for the white. I agree they should be warn in the cabin, and you bathing suit cover for you bathing suit, but bet they are nice after you get out of the pool. I have yet to wear one, 2 cruises with them hanging in the closet and never remember to wear them.