Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
First Mate

Default Age question

If a passenger will be 55 at the time of the cruise, is that taken into consideration when the cruise is priced or does one have to already be 55 when booking for any senior discounts to apply?

Not that I want to push the age thing , but if there are any discounts available, might as well take them!

Thanks!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
Admiral

The date that goes on the booking paper work shows your age at the time of sailing. So you should be able to get the 55+ discount if you are 55+ on the sail date.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
First Mate

Thanks!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
Admiral

What discounts? I've never heard of a discount for Seniors on HAL? Is this something new. We are way over 55 and in all the years we have sailed with HAL have never received any kind of Senior's discount nor have any of our friends.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
First Mate

Not really sure there actually is a discount, but when you check pricing, it how many are 55+. Perhaps it's up to the TA???

Some online sites offer senior or military rates. I know someone who got a really great quote on a military rate. Figured if it's offered, it's worth checking into.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaShrek
Not really sure there actually is a discount, but when you check pricing, it how many are 55+. Perhaps it's up to the TA???

That must be online sites, not HAL's pricing on their web or brochure. They have never asked this question

Some online sites offer senior or military rates. I know someone who got a really great quote on a military rate. Figured if it's offered, it's worth checking into.

I believe HAL does have special prices for the military and certain other groups. You would have to check with them.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Admiral

If there was a discount for 55+ on holland America. They would be
out of business quickly . More than 80 per cent of HAL passenger are over 55. I have never heard of one!
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Age question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaShrek
If a passenger will be 55 at the time of the cruise, is that taken into consideration when the cruise is priced or does one have to already be 55 when booking for any senior discounts to apply?

Not that I want to push the age thing , but if there are any discounts available, might as well take them!

Thanks!
Just inform your travel agent that your age will be over 55 at the time of sailing. This can readily be verified by the cruise line via your passport. You should be able to get the 55+ discounts of any cruise line. How old you are when booking should have nothing to do with it. It's your age at the time of sailing that matters.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:23 AM
First Mate

We got discounts from Carnival, but never from HAL.

RCL Radiance
CCL Splendor
HAL Zaandam
CCL Elation
CCL Spirit
HAL Statendam 2x
HAL Ryndam 2x