Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Beginner

Default Oosterdam in September to Alaska

My husband and I are traveling on the Oosterdam in Sept. to Alaska to celebrate his 40th birthday. (This is his dream trip) We have a deluxe veranda suite but I'd like to know if anyone has any advice to help make this birthday extra special. Also, heard about thermal suite(?) but not sure what this is and if it something worth the money. Also, we love seeing wildlife and are trying to figure out the best excursion in ketchikan. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Oosterdam in September to Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubagirl
My husband and I are traveling on the Oosterdam in Sept. to Alaska to celebrate his 40th birthday. (This is his dream trip) We have a deluxe veranda suite but I'd like to know if anyone has any advice to help make this birthday extra special. Also, heard about thermal suite(?) but not sure what this is and if it something worth the money. Also, we love seeing wildlife and are trying to figure out the best excursion in ketchikan. Thanks for any info.
Tell the dining room staff about your husband's birthday, and they'll make him a cake and sing Happy Birthday in English and Indonesian.

Thermal Suite is a fancy water therapy setup, with dry and steam saunas, aromatherapy showers, a hydropool, and heated ceramic tile loungers. Something like $250 per couple per week, or $40 per person per day. Kind of pricey. Hot tubs by the pools are free.

If it's early September, good wildlife viewing is one of the bear watches, to Anan Creek, Traitor's Cove, or Neets Bay.
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Beginner

Not sure that $250 is worth it. May just wait and check it out first. We are traveling late August through 1st of September so hopefully we will see lots of wildlife. Thank you for the info.
Old July 17th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubagirl
Not sure that $250 is worth it. May just wait and check it out first. We are traveling late August through 1st of September so hopefully we will see lots of wildlife. Thank you for the info.
Late August/early September good time to see bears/eagles (because of the salmon).
Old July 21st, 2007, 10:27 AM
Beginner

Hi - I just discovered this site, and was pleasantly surprised to find your post - we're I think on the same cruise. This is our first cruise so I can't help with suggestions. We're hoping for some kid-oriented things to do on the ship as we'll have our two teenage sons aboard. Good luck!