Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Passenger

Default ZAANDAM

I am a HAL newbie and booked on Zaandam 3/19/08 Circle Hawaii on the main deck, all the way aft #2715. There is a bit of a deck back there which I believe is open, public deck. Question #1: Will I be able to have access to this deck? #2 Will I have to keep my window covered?? #3 Is this an ok location? #4 - Any favorite places on this class of ship? Thanks for any information you can share! Laurie
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Admiral

#1 - yes you will have access to the back deck. There is a door at the end of the hals on either side of the ship where you can access the deck. There may be some lounge chairs out there as there are some of the other ships.

#2 - These are probably one way windows, meaning you can see out but others cannot see in. However, at night if your lights are on, I would keep the curtains drawn. You really can't see into the cabin unless you press your face up against the window, but you never know - someone might do this.

#3 - it's an OK location as you are near the aft elevators which will take you right up to the Lido.

You will love the cruise to Hawaii. We've done it a few times and loved all the sea days. Have a great time.
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Familiar Face

I just returned in May on the Zaandam and was in cabin 2598 My husband and I loved that deck at the end of the hall. Most of the time we were the only ones out there. There is also a stairway right there up to the lower promenade deck so you can easily access that if you want to. But it is great having some privacy on a big cruise ship. You will love it. She is a beautiful ship.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Passenger

Homeatlast and others - thank you for your prompt response!! You have set my mind at ease. Happy to learn about the stairwell to lower promanade deck!! We've only done 7-day cruises on RC, X and Carnival and this has been a dream for years. Only 8 months to go
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe

I sailed to Hawaii on the Zaandam in Oct.2006. I met the most wonderful people at Bingo and our table mates. We still keep in touch. Yes Bingo(Quack, Quack).
I have no compliants.The ony thing that was a minus was an earthquak..

I love the art work .

CeCe