Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Default Europe '08

Right now doing recon and checking logistics for a possible small group cruise to the Mid to East Mediterranean sometime in March-May '08. Likely out of Rome or Athens, and 7-12 days, with possible side trips. Probably HAL, Princess, Costa, or Carnival.

Anyone looking into anything similiar?

*Noordam and Rotterdam are on the short list*
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Europe '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Right now doing recon and checking logistics for a possible small group cruise to the Mid to East Mediterranean sometime in March-May '08. Likely out of Rome or Athens, and 7-12 days, with possible side trips. Probably HAL, Princess, Costa, or Carnival.

Anyone looking into anything similiar?

*Noordam and Rotterdam are on the short list*

Rotterdam has 12-day Black Sea, Egypt, and Holy Land round trip from Athens in May. Prices starting at 2199 for an inside, up to 7299 for a deluxe suite. In April it's even cheaper, 12-day Mediterranean Medley, Lisbon to Athens starting at 1899 for an inside, going up to 5899 for a deluxe suite. There are some great deals available right now for Europe next spring.
Old September 15th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Europe '08

12-day Black Sea, Egypt, and Holy Land makes the list as it is roundtrip from the same port - that cuts cost and reduces risk - i.e. you repeat the same airport logistics. Medley uses two ports so does not make the list Screening trips in same manner as when I cruise with my kiddo - always recon trips well before we go. Looking to do a wirlwind scouting trip to Europe, Asia and Africa to check airport logistics - already finding out lost luggage risk appears higher over there and airport to airport and airport to ship transfers can be expensive. Haven't looked into diving logistics yet.

Would like to get a group of fairly seasoned travelers from around the world, mostly still working professionals 25-55 with busy schedules.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiklesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Right now doing recon and checking logistics for a possible small group cruise to the Mid to East Mediterranean sometime in March-May '08...
Rotterdam has 12-day Black Sea, Egypt, and Holy Land round trip from Athens in May. Prices starting at 2199 for an inside, up to 7299 for a deluxe suite. In April it's even cheaper, 12-day Mediterranean Medley, Lisbon to Athens starting at 1899 for an inside, going up to 5899 for a deluxe suite. There are some great deals available right now for Europe next spring.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas