Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Passenger

Default Seeking answers for Fort Lauderdale reasonable (not fancy) H

Rob + Roy have their AIRPLANE TICKETS for RSVP "Exotic Caribbean" Cruise for February-March 2008. (On the last two cruises weather cut off a whole day each time in FLL. This time (3 days pre-cruise) I would like to see the beach and Las Olas / Riverwalk --we can walk some but hope to be near the water taxis/public transportation.)
BUT NONE OF THE HOTELS (even the $409 Embassy Suites we stayed in in 2003) COMES RECOMMENDED BY USERS ON THE BLOGS. OUR AGENT has what appears to be a $10 daily discount from "rack rates" at 2 hotels near the Embassy--but I am hoping to do better, if fellow travelers can help me find something acceptable. (I do like the $25/night youth hostel with young guys, but the two joining me--i.e., Roy + Jack-- see otherwise!)

YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR CLEAN/HANDYand REASONABLE gay resort or hotels for the period 3 days before the cruise (and we have a whole afternoon free before leaving from the airport to go back to snowy/cold Philadelphia...we WILL appreciate and acknowledge. --Rob+Roy (Cabin 5131 / MS Zuiderdam)
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Check out this hotel.....

PLAZA RESORT: 2801 Riomar Street, Ft. Lauderdale FL 33304 - RESERVATIONS: (954) 260-6568 - FAX: (954) 566-4948

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 18th, 2007, 09:16 PM
First Mate

I'm surprised about the bad comments about Embassy Suites. That's my favorite hotel in that area.

Have you tried Priceline? When we lived in MA, we used it several times to get rooms in FLL and never paid more than $60-80/night. Got Embassy Suites a couple of times, a couple of the airport hotels. The airport ones are not convenient to the water taxi/Las Olas area, you'd have to take a cab. But there is the Renaissance, Amerisuites, Holiday Inn Express (didn't like this one as much as the others). These are all near the port and are walking distance from water taxi. There are lots of hotels on the beach. A bit further from the port, and probably a bit more expensive.