Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Beginner

Default ms Maasdam, Veendam Forward Verandah Deck Cabin?

Hi Cruisers!
First time HALers here looking forward to Canada/NE cruise next summer.

We have been assigned the forward-most cabins on Maasdam's Verandah deck (starboard side, bb101), and I have searched high and low trying to find out what the "white area" next to us forward is on the deck plan.

Am inclined to believe it is crew quarters, but do wonder if there is a (noisy) service area there?

These cabins are connecting rooms, which we'll love (sailing with friends), and have read numerous posts regarding the quietness of HAL's elevators (besides the ding dinging ), so that's fine.
All but one of us have our sea legs (veteran cruisers), and I just want to make sure that our first-time cruiser will be OK sailing so far forward.

Has anyone sailed in one of these forward cabins on one of these Sister ships? We have always been midships ourselves on previous cruises (Carrib. and Alaska), so would appreciate any scoop from anyone who's sailed this far forward up high in a verandah -- especially up there in the Atlantic.
Will I need to feed her a lot of Ginger Root, or just a little?

Thanks for any insight, and for a great website!

GoCubbies!
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
trying to find out what the "white area" next to us forward is on the deck plan.

Am inclined to believe it is crew quarters, but do wonder if there is a (noisy) service area there?
Those white areas are crew quarters. Don't believe there are any service room there.

As we always take a cabin either mid-ship or near the back of the ship, can't answer your question about cabins at the front. In rough weather I think they would feel more motion.

I recommend your friend take Bonine. Start by taking one 2 days before the cruise and then one every morning or night, if they are prone to sea sickness. Works for me.