Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Passenger

Default winter trip to Caribbean

Leaving on the Noordam from NYC in January. We will need some warm clothes for NYC and possibly a day or two at sea. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how much of our luggage should be winter clothes?

I've been on two cruises before but they were summer cruises.

gambol
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Yes - we did this trip last year and the first 2 days were cold and so were the last 2. Each us took one pair of winter cords, long sleeved turtleneck t-shirt and a pullover sweater along with a winter jacket. The jackets we have, have a zip-in lining, which we didn't bother to take. We're used to the cold, so maybe it didn't bother us.

Oh, forgot - I took gloves and a ski band for my head and which I wore sitting on our verandah wrapped in the nice plaid wool blankets that HAL provides.

When we sat by the Indoor pool, with the dome closed it was very comfortable and I don't think we ever wore our jackets.
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Passenger

DeeDee, Thanks for your reply. It helps to know that we'll need
more warm weather clothes than the ones we wear to board the ship.
Possibly I'll be used to the cold by the time January comes but it has been unseasonably hot in the east this October.

gambol

[quote="DeeDee"]Yes - we did this trip last year and the first 2 days were cold and so were the last 2. Each us took one pair of winter cords, long sleeved turtleneck t-shirt and a pullover sweater along with a winter jacket. The jackets we have, have a zip-in lining, which we didn't bother to take. We're used to the cold, so maybe it didn't bother us.
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: winter trip to Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambol
Leaving on the Noordam from NYC in January. We will need some warm clothes for NYC and possibly a day or two at sea. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how much of our luggage should be winter clothes?

I've been on two cruises before but they were summer cruises.

gambol
The same problem myself and DW are having when travelling between

the frozen north (Canada ) and F;orida for a 14 day cruise in Jan 08

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess