Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Passenger

Default Grand Turk, Tortola, St. Thomas, & Half Moon Cay

We will be sailing on the Westerdam, Dec. 16. Our ports are Grand Turk, Tortola, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay. Can anyone give us tips, likes, dislikes on these ports and the shore excursions.

Thanks a Bunch
David
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Beginner

Hi David, Your ports will be crowed especially St Thomas so for excursions I suggest check the HAL site and also www.shoretrips.com and chose what interests you. I can recommend the Royal Dolphin Swim in Tortula. As for Half Moon Cay it will be exclusivly HAL excursions para sailing or beach horse back rides are always in demand.

Michael
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Admiral

We just lie on the beautiful sandy white beach and swim in the cool blue/green water on Half Moon Cay.....

If this is your first time to St. Thomas you may want to do a tour of the island or go to one of the beaches. If there are a lot of ships in port, then it will be crowded in town and at the beaches. Looks like there ae 4 ships in that day, but I don't know where the Westerdam will be docked - probably Crown Bay.

Have fun!
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Passenger

I will be on this cruise also. I booked the stingray encounter on Grand Turk and horseback riding on Half Moon Cay. I may just get off on Tortola and St. THomas to have a look-see, but I plan to enjoy the ship even more. BTW, I posted a Meet on Board topic on Westerdam 12/16 a while ago--why don't you check it out?
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Grand Turk and Half Moon are excellent for beach time. If you are interested in a snorkle trip I highly recommend "The Castaway Girl" in St Thomas.
Old December 4th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Beginner

I just finshed a contract with Holland america. I went to those same ports. They are all wondrful. However Half moon Cay was the best. Make sure you wear lots of sunscreen at Half moon cay. There isnt much shade. St. Thomas the water is crystal clear. I really enjoyed the beaches there. Grand turk is also very nice. The people there are very friendly and its very clean there as well.

Have a blast.