Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Passenger

Default First Tme Cruiser's

My wife and I are taking our first cruise in early March out of NYC, sailing to the Southern Caribbean for 11 days.

Our decision on what cruise line to take was painstaking in itself, then how to book the trip was just as bad. We finally chose Holland America (MS Noordam) and booked directly with the cruise line. I thought this was the best way to book the trip until I read the some of the posts. Maybe we will use a Travel Agent next time. However, I have enjoyed my experience with my HAL Representative. She was extremely helpful and never rushed or pushed anything on me.

Our choice of Holland America came from research on the internet and speaking with many people and gathering information from their cruise experiences. Holland America seemed to offer what we were looking for.

Most of our questions and concerns were answered on this board, which put us more at ease. Simple things like Dress Codes (what to pack), Nightlife (12 midnight is good with us) activities and dining can be a bit confusing to the first time cruisers.

Anyway, thanks for all the information you left on this board. It has helped immensely.

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Dennis, as you found out, Cruisemates are always willing to help ease the fears and, answer any questions for newbies. I hope your cruise is the best it can be, and please come back and share it all with us!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 2nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: First Tme Cruiser's

Very nice ship - was on her in May. Have a great cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie's
My wife and I are taking our first cruise in early March out of NYC, sailing to the Southern Caribbean for 11 days.

Our decision on what cruise line to take was painstaking in itself, then how to book the trip was just as bad. We finally chose Holland America (MS Noordam) and booked directly with the cruise line. I thought this was the best way to book the trip until I read the some of the posts. Maybe we will use a Travel Agent next time. However, I have enjoyed my experience with my HAL Representative. She was extremely helpful and never rushed or pushed anything on me.

Our choice of Holland America came from research on the internet and speaking with many people and gathering information from their cruise experiences. Holland America seemed to offer what we were looking for.

Most of our questions and concerns were answered on this board, which put us more at ease. Simple things like Dress Codes (what to pack), Nightlife (12 midnight is good with us) activities and dining can be a bit confusing to the first time cruisers.

Anyway, thanks for all the information you left on this board. It has helped immensely.

Dennis
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:16 AM
Passenger

Divemaster thanks, the excitement is already building. We are looking at excursions now and trying to pick up everything we need. It's going to be a long 2 months.

Dennis
Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Be sure to ask the CM folk about excursions and ports as we have collectively have been everywhere and anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie's
Divemaster thanks, the excitement is already building. We are looking at excursions now and trying to pick up everything we need. It's going to be a long 2 months.

Dennis
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas