Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to beyerfred
Default Embarkation Advice (Fort Lauderdale)

What's the best time to arrive for embarkation? We're sailing on the Westerdam in late February. Last time I sailed HAL, embarkation took forever! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The best time can be subjective..11-12 is the time I like to board, but it's also the busiest, it seems...arrive after 2, and the crowds will have thinned significantly.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 29th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to beyerfred
Default Thanks!

Thanks so much for the advice. I think we'll get there early and keep our fingers crossed! Happy sailing!
Old January 29th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Familiar Face

I've heard they have special lines for Suite guests (we're in an SA suite), for non US-citizens and for people who already checked in through the internet.
What would be the best combination to get on board as quickly as possible?
November 2010: Norwegian Jade: Western Mediterranean
January 2012: HAL Eurodam: Eastern Caribbean
May 2012 HAL: Noordam: Transatlantic Riviera

Upcomming:
HAL Westerdam: Panama Canal
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongbj
I've heard they have special lines for Suite guests (we're in an SA suite), for non US-citizens and for people who already checked in through the internet.
What would be the best combination to get on board as quickly as possible?
The only special line is for guests in Suites and as you are in an SA, you will be able to check in at the "Suites Only" line.

There is no special line for non US citizens - we are Canadian and as such unless we are in a Suite, we are in the same line as all other non-suite guests. Sometimes they have a separate line for those who have not checked in on-line, but as most people check in on-line, I don't think they have this anymore.

Happy Sailing
Old January 29th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Passenger

Sailed on the Zuiderdam on 1/12/08 out Ft. Lauderdale. We arrived at 10:30. We waited until 11:00 to check in and that took about 8 minutes! Wow cool, we were excited, but then we had to wait 45 minutes in very full room with about 250 additional people that were there to attend a luncheon on board. There was confusion and everyone was anxious to get on board. Our table mates at dinner arrived at the terminal at 12:30 and they were onboard before 1:00. They did much better. The cruise was great! Except for a lack of seating at the Lido Buffet our cruise had no distractors. I will eventually post a full blown review.

Happy sailing! Don't forget; the anticipation is part of the fun!