CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   Seattle Hotel? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/349469-seattle-hotel.html)

arkiegal April 4th, 2008 03:18 PM

Seattle Hotel?

We are doing a HAL Alaska cruise out of Seattle in June and plan to fly in a day or two early. We would like to stay in a 4-star or better hotel that is convenient for embarkation. Any ideas ?

mountain dog April 4th, 2008 05:34 PM

Hello, We are biased toward The Westin. We stayed there in Seattle after the cruise. As I recall it is about 2 miles from the dock. We love their haevenly beds,and never had a bad experience with Westin. We have used the Westin in Madrid,Las Vegas,San Diego,and Portland to name a few visits. The Westin Seattle is walking distance to the famous Pikes Market and great shopping.One of the best antique stores we found was at the south-end of Pikes Market. Go to Westin.com and check any special offers or promotions they may be offering at the time of your booking. You could also try Expedia.com to check thier hotels in Seattle to get customer reviews of many hotels in Seattle. I hope you have a wonderful cruise..........Mountain Dog

pcicci April 4th, 2008 09:26 PM

Hi there,

Am doing the same but in May. I have stayed at the Westin in downtown Seattle before and loved it. We are staying there for our pre-cruise night. It is walking distance to Pike Street Market and lots of great shopping etc. It also offers phenominal views. Plus, I really like Westins (heavenly beds....). Good luck!

Moriah April 18th, 2008 12:06 PM

I've stayed at the Fairmont before and after my Alaska cruises and it was wonderful. Gorgeous hotel in perfect location. HAL provides transportation to and from the pier from this hotel. However, next time we will take private taxis since waiting time for the HAL transport makes me antsy! But that's just me! Also, on the way TO the hotel from the Pier, the bus stopped at several hotels, and although the Fairmont was first, they had put our luggage WAY in the back and had to empty all the luggage onto the sidewalk just to find ours, which I'm sure annoyed the people sitting on the bus waiting to be taken to their hotels! :cry: But - back to your question - the Fairmont was wonderful and I would stay there again.

cookie1207 April 19th, 2008 10:32 AM

Seattle hotel

I am not sure which pier HAL uses for its departures. I know Princess uses a different pier than what we have used. We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront(rather $$-but worth it) located 1/2 block to the pier and easy to walk for embarcation. I cant remember the exact pier # thoughso that would be a key point. If you are using thr same pier as Celebrity, the Marriott is the closest hotel to the terminal and thats where we would stay agian for sure.