Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Passenger

Default Alaska Cruise from Seattle

My wife and I have just booked, through Vacations to Go, a 7-day cruise on the Westerdam. We leave September 7th from Seattle. I have 3 questions concerning this booking, and I would be most appreciative if you folks could help me out with one or more of them.

1) VTG had a sale on this cruise and we have booked a guaranteed Veranda cabin (VH). We will not know what cabin it is until we board ship. I was hesitant to do this. On our other two HAL cruises, we selected the cabin. Have any of you done this, and how lucky were you in cabin assignment?

2)We will be arriving in Seattle the day before the cruise. Any recommendations about hotels or motels to stay at that are decent and would help us get to the port?

3) If I book a return flight that leaves Seattle at 11:00 am, will we have enough time to make it if the ship docks at 7:00? Thanks in advance.

Gerhardt.
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:39 AM
First Mate

Can't help you w/ first two questions as I have no experience w/ either, but we are doing the same cruise on the Oosterdam on June 21. Our TA told us not to book a return flight before 12:30 pm or we would run the risk of missing our flight.
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

I can help with #1. We've had pretty good luck on HAL booking guarantees. Most recenty booked a VH Guar. just like you for our May 11 Alaska cruise and found out a couple of weeks ago that we were assigned a VA!! That's happened to us almost every time we book a guar. Also just booked a VF Guar. on the same ship for a Caribbean cruise this December. I like the odds!
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

We stayed at the Westin hotel which is very nice. $10.00 taxi ride. The docks are only a couple miles away. The hotel is walking distance to many fun sites such as Pikes Market and shopping....We were off the ship at 9 am. You can request at the office on board to disembark with the first people off,just let them know your flight plans. You can also leave with the first groups by carrying your own luggage. You usually put your luggaga outside your stateroom the last night. We took our time leaving the ship and were off by 9am. The advice your TA gave you is sound advice,however you can make the airport on time but you will be hurried. I hope you have a wonderful cruise as we certainly did......MD
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Seattle Cruise

We are going on the Oosterdam May 24 and booked a guarantee SY and just found out we have an SA. We have stayed at the Westin 3 times and loved it. We are trying the Fairmont Olympic this time and hope for the same results. Anython's Pier 66 is a great seafood restaurant down on the water. You can walk to it from Pike's Place.
Old May 10th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

dmaikui.Wow you lucky dog.Great upgrade,have a great cruise.........MD
Old May 11th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Mountain Dog: Thanks!