CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Holland America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/)
-   -   which hotels offer shuttle to ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/holland-america/350952-hotels-offer-shuttle-ship.html)

sail-a-bration May 10th, 2008 10:30 PM

which hotels offer shuttle to ship

We are going on the Westerdam out of Seattle and have found information on airport shuttles but not to the terminal. We are looking at moderate priced hotels. We really do not want to spend a couple hundered dollars as our plane lands close to seven pm and we will not do much but eat and go to bed and in the am head for the ship. Thanks all.

Divemaster May 12th, 2008 09:19 AM

Re: which hotels offer shuttle to ship

Considered just cabbing it in?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sail-a-bration
We are going on the Westerdam out of Seattle and have found information on airport shuttles but not to the terminal. We are looking at moderate priced hotels. We really do not want to spend a couple hundered dollard on one night because our plane lands close to seven pm and we will not do much be eat and go to bed and head for the ship. Thanks all.

Kamloops Cruiser May 19th, 2008 06:41 PM

8) Very few hotels in the Pacific Northwest offer any kind of shuttle service.
Most near hotels charge for the service or don't offer it.
I think it's becoming a liablity issue and qualifications of the drivers is stricter. :roll: :roll:

Jean12856 May 22nd, 2008 07:21 PM

Shuttle transfers

I just came back from an Alaskan cruise - which started and ended in Seattle. When I searched, the only hotel I found was Doubletree (located within minutes of the airport and about 20 minutes from the port). They offered airport and cruise ship transfers. They were a bit pricey but worth the extra money. Once we were there, we heard of other hotels offering the same thing. I believe there was a Comfort Inn and a few other chains right in the same area.

Enjoy your cruise. I loved it so much I am already starting to look into planning my next one!

dd111163 June 14th, 2008 11:31 PM

Last year I stayed at the Doubletree in Seattle (at the airport) and called Shuttle Express to take us to the cruise ship. Their shuttle vans are clean and not too expensive.

This year I stayed at the Doubletree and called Shuttle Express for a Stretch Limo. The cost for four of us was $100 and well worth the money!

dd111163 June 14th, 2008 11:32 PM

Last year I stayed at the Doubletree in Seattle (at the airport) and called Shuttle Express to take us to the cruise ship. Their shuttle vans are clean and not too expensive.

This year I stayed at the Doubletree and called Shuttle Express for a Stretch Limo. The cost for four of us was $100 and well worth the money!

jacdenv24 June 15th, 2008 09:41 AM

Along the same lines....what about hotels in Ft. Lauderdale? We need a hotel in Feb.where we can leave the car for 10 days-we're driving from Ontario. Probably have to mortgage the condo to pay for gas but still better then flying :cry: