Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pinnicle Grill for Breakfast?

Someone told me that the Pinnicle Grill on HAL offers breakfast for deluxe suites and up........when I call HAL they said that was not true. Does anyone know for sure the answer to this question?

Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Guests in Deluxe Verandah Suites - PS, S or SA/SB/SC have the privelege of having breakfast in the Pinnacle. We were in an S Deluxe Verandah Suite on the Veendam last week and we enjoyed having breakfast in the Pinnacle a few mornings.

Maybe the person you spoke to at HAL thought you meant a Deluxe Outside Suite and these guests do not have this privelege.

What ship and what cabin # have you booked or are planning on booking?
If I knew this then I could definitely say whether or not you had this privelege.
Old May 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are on the Oosterdam in cabin 7070 SA category. Actually, we leave May 24th..............Yippee! Love HAL and Love Alaska!

Thanks so much for your help.
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM
Passenger

When we sailed Oosterdam this past December in an SC Deluxe Veranda, we were definitely able to go to the Pinnacle for breakfast. This was a perk listed on the HAL website and brochure for deluxe suite passengers. Check the website and with your TA. I haven't heard of this perk being taken away.

Would appreciate hearing back from you as to the outcome. The Pinnacle was MUCH better than alternate breakfast choices.
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaikui
We are on the Oosterdam in cabin 7070 SA category. Actually, we leave May 24th..............Yippee! Love HAL and Love Alaska!

Thanks so much for your help.
The person you spoke to at HAL was definitely wrong about breakfast in the Pinnacle and as you are in an SA you can eat there. As I said we ate there a couple of times on the Veendam last week and enjoyed it.

Even though our weather wasn't great we still had a good time. I'm sure by the time you board the ship it will be better, which I see from Captain Albert's blog, it is.

ENJOY and have fun!

Golfette - it hasn't been taken away for Suite guests. I think the person at HAL just made a mistake.
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

dmaikui, Iwas in 7076 last August aboard ms Oostrdam . We enjoyed a SA suite . You will enjoy the Pinnacle each day for breakfast if you wish. We enjoyed thier breakfasts and dinner one evening. Have fun.MD
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks guys! I'm off today to great Alaska, will think of you all. Hoping for good weather, bon voyage
Old June 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Beginner

Yes. They do indeed offer breakfast service for deluxe verandah suite guests... at least they did on the Maasdam. My wife and I were on the Maasdam for two cruises, one in August 2007 and the other in April 2008. The first time we didn't know about this service and missed the opportunity, but only learned about it on the April 2008 cruise. We went almost every morning to the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast... and there's no extra charge. I did ask the maitre 'd why they didn't advertise it as one of the perks for a deluxe verandah suite guest. He simply said that they don't mention it because they want most people to go to the Lido Restaurant or main dining room and it's hard to staff up or down in the Pinnacle depending on who might or might not show up any particular morning... making the level and quality of the service unpredictable.