Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Passenger

Default February Cruise

We are taking our first HAL cruise in February on the Noordam for our anniversary. We initially thought we'd go with one of my favorite lines NCL but everything I read about HAL just won out. So now we have too long to wait and in this time I can get into trouble. I may need a support group to stop me from ordering or reserving. My husband worked late yesterday and I reserved a green cabana on Half Moon Cay as a surprise for when we got there. AND THEN I immediately called him and told him. He has promised to act surprised. I'm unstoppable.

I just can't wait! Is there a twelve step program?
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Welcome to the Cruisers Waiting Room:) You can have all the support you need right here. Mind you, the excitment builds and, and a sparkly straight jacket might be needed;):)

You could join us in chat, week nights 9-10 est, and talk cruising, that could help..there are always people going, and just coming back sharing sea tales. I love your excitement!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Norcal , that's exiting . You are going to the caribbean. You'll be aboard the ms Noordam, the newest built ship in the vista class. We were on her sister ms Oosterdam last year and absolutely enjoyed everything from it"s size to the art on the ship. I understand your ship has great art and a chest covered in jewells and gold. We will be going on ms Oosterdam again in november to mexico and we like you can hardly retain ourselves from the buying bug. .MD
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Passenger

Thank you Trip. I also like the idea of a sparkly straight jacket. I think I'm going to need one. I'll check and see if they sell them on the Noordam website. lol Do you meet on this board or is it another section? I'd love to hear the stories.

Funny how a cruise on a different line can bring out the kid in people (or just me) The time I had picking out a color for the cabana should be an embarrassment to all mankind. I did initially pick green, no turquoise, no yellow...back to green. Hours to get back to my original choice. In placing the reservation I immediately thought I picked the wrong color. Back to loving the green, sanity has returned. All better! lol

Nice to "meet" you.
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain dog
Norcal , that's exiting . You are going to the caribbean. You'll be aboard the ms Noordam, the newest built ship in the vista class. We were on her sister ms Oosterdam last year and absolutely enjoyed everything from it"s size to the art on the ship. I understand your ship has great art and a chest covered in jewells and gold. We will be going on ms Oosterdam again in november to mexico and we like you can hardly retain ourselves from the buying bug. .MD
Thanks for that information Mountain Dog. We actually selected this one for the itinerary (perfect match for us) St. Lucia is one of my favorite places to stay so stopping there for a day was an extra plus. I've been on Carnival and NCL but the reviews for HAL just won us over at the last minute. Looks like you have a little wait too so we'll just have to get through this. I think I am going to avoid the purchasing options for at least SIX MONTHS!
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Norcal, here is a link to the chat..We would love to share in your excitement..btw, we had the orange cabana... one of my fave colors!

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/chat/chatpage.cfm

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 29th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Norcal, here is a link to the chat..We would love to share in your excitement..btw, we had the orange cabana... one of my fave colors!

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/chat/chatpage.cfm
Nice site. I did stop by and enjoyed a conversation with another person. I'll stop by now and then. Thank you for that link.