Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Beginner

Default price of cruise has dropped

I just noticed in today's paper that the price of our cruise has dropped by $100. Should we get a reduction in the price of our cruise as well. I booked with Cruise Plus who is running this ad and priced reduction. TIA
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Admiral

If you booked with this company then I would call them and see if you get the reduction.

If you booked with someone else or with HAL, then I think you're out of luck, however check with whoever you booked with.

Cruise Plus may have blocked of some cabins and may still have some left and that is why they are reducing the price.
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Beginner

Just checked with Cruise Plus and they told me new ad is in US dollars and I paid in Cad dollars. Also, the new ad is for a lower category out side cabin with a porthole. Ours is an unobstructed EE category on the Dolphin Deck. Anyone know this category of cabin. TIA.
Old June 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Admiral

What ship? Is it the Volendam?

If it is you are better off in the EE as it will have a window and not a porthole.

We always pay in US$ even though we are Canadians. We find that the price is cheaper even when VISA charges us the difference between Cdn and US $'s.

I meant to say in my previous post that the lower price that was advertised was probably for new bookings.
Old June 6th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Beginner

Sorry, I should have told you. It is the Zaandam, Vancouver to Hawaii on September 21st, 2008. Yes, we will just stay with the EE 1909 cabin on the Dolphin Deck. When we originally booked the cruise was listed in Cad dollars.
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Admiral

You will love the Hawaii trip. We've done it twice and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have fun!