Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Passenger

Default Pre-Cruise Seattle Hotel

We are sailing on the Westerdam on Sept. 7. We will be arriving in Seattle early afternoon on Saturday, Sept. 6. I'm at a loss of where to get the pre-cruise hotel. Should we just book an airport hotel and then cab to the port on Sunday? Or should we book in the city nearer the port? Are there shuttles going into the city, or would we have to cab in from the airport? What kind of cab fares are we looking at here?

Any suggestions or advice you could give me about hotels in general or specific hotels that would meet our needs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gerhardt.
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

We drove up to Seattle from Salem,Oregon about a 3 hour drive. We stayed at the Westin hotel and enjoyed it alot. The hotel is walking distance to the Pikes Market and other sites. We went on a tour of seattle that we booked through Expedia. If you go to Expedia.com you can review different hotels in the area. Our tour guide said it costs about $10.00 for the Taxi to the ship from downtown. Have a great cruise......MD
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Familiar Face

My mum and I stayed at The Hampton Inn and Suites near the Space Needle (it was last minute about US$120) - it was my first trip to Seattle and the hotel was lovely, huge rooms and comfy beds. We booked a taxi to collect us and drop us at the terminal - no probs, about $10 - $20!
Even when we got off the boat in Seattle there were plenty of cabs.
Another great feature was free internet access in the foyer.

Enjoy your cruise!
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Admiral

There is a Red Lion Hotel @ 11244 Tukwila International Blvd. It is about 1/2 way between the airport and the terminal. They will shuttle you to their hotel from the airport and again to the terminal.
Restaraunt has very good food and the lounge pours a healthy drink with lots of tv's to watch.

Cost me about 80.00 2 years ago.

There really aren't any hotels any closer to the cruise terminal.
Old June 30th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Pre-Cruise Seattle Hotel

It's a nice city, shame to miss it. We booked a b &b near Pike St market. Lots of fun Cab was cheap.
Sue
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
First Mate

We stayed at the Sheraton downtown..... very nice. There is a Grayline shuttle bus from the airport to downtown hotels at door 00..... buy tickets at the desk to right of door...... about 1/3 the price of a cab. This door is at the open, sunny end of baggage claim.

From the hotel we called a firm called Hire-a-Driver and they sent a nice,clean Lincoln Towncar w/ a great young lady named Delilah as driver. They took us to the ship for $10 a head, and after the cruise to the airport for the same price. We booked that in advance before boarding the ship.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Familiar Face

Default Good idea at the Westin

The city of Seattle is right above the port. I've lived in Seattle and stayed at the Westin iti s centrally located-walk to Pike Place Market (early morning is best time to go-gotta go there ! buy some flowers for your cabin have fun and watch the fish fly. Try Priceline for a good deal or just an idea of the area hotels. The previous cab/limo advice was wonderful. Don't stay by the airport on the way to the ship-boring. If you have time zip over to the Space Needle-just the observation deck-unless you want a very expensive lunch close by. You can also take a harbor cruise if you have time. If you do stay at the Westin you could even get a room that can see the ships. I've taken 4 Alaska cruises you should have a wonderful time. I live about 40 north of Seattle now-if you have anymore ?? I'll try and get answers for you . Su~
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Passenger

I agree, as a Seattlelite myself, you can't go wrong with the Westin as long as you book it on your own and not through the cruiseline where the double occ rule applies, you'll pay way more! If the Westin is a bit high, the nearby Warwick is a nice 3 star and the Ramada a little further yet if you require a 2 star.

If your traveling in a group or meet people via cruisemates, I suggest a limo to the cruise terminal. The Westin is one of the few hotels with limo parking.
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Familiar Face

Default Gas prices

Airport to Downtown cab fares have just been raised to $32 because of gas prices-it's a fixed rate. You should make your hotel reservations soon if you haven't already. Warwick Hotel is good choice too, although I'd pay the extra $$ for the Westin- it is really nice.
Old July 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

I like the Crown Plaza--very nice and convenient to Pike Place and the port. I think the Grey line was $11.00 to the port, and the concierge will set all that up for you. Avoid the down-town Holiday Inn like the plague. What a dive!
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:47 AM
Beginner

Sea-tac area is boorrrrring. Start your vacation right and head downtown. Looks like you'll be leaving from Pier 30 which is down by Safeco and Quest fields (Mariners and Seahawks). Mariners play the Yankees Saturday night at Safeco. Seahawks are out of town on Sunday. There's a hotel called Silver Cloud which is the main hotel for both teams and is right near there. Don't know what they charge. It would be the "Stadium Silver Cloud".

Enjoy your trip! Hope we'll have good weather for you!