Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Beginner

Default Deck 6 Aft cabin on Eurodam

We are first time cruisers with HAL. Booked kinda late and ended up just getting our cabin assignment. We have cruised a couple of times before but this is our first time right at the aft of the ship. We are in cabin VA 6179. Now I know it will be a little bit bumpy but I am more concerned about the privacy, i.e can the cabin on the deck above look over on to your balcony. We are sailing on the Eurodam (West Caribbean)
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Beginner

Default Privacy

I believe that you will have as much privacy from aft as you would on the sides. If people are wanting to take a peek at whatever, then they are going to find a way. By the way, are you sailing on the Oct 18th Eurodam sailing with Bob Proctor? If so, welcome aboard, we will be sailing on that cruise from the 18th -25th. We would love to hear back from you if you are going to be on that cruise.

Lyn and John
Old October 13th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Beginner

Thank you for the reply. No, we are sailing on the Nov 1st cruise. I was a little concerned because I read somewhere that the aft cabins, people above you are looking right down on to your deck. Have a good trip
Old October 13th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhutchie
Thank you for the reply. No, we are sailing on the Nov 1st cruise. I was a little concerned because I read somewhere that the aft cabins, people above you are looking right down on to your deck. Have a good trip
I think this was true when they first brought out the Vista ships, but when the brought out the 4th ship, Noordam, they changed the aft end cabins so that they are no longer "staggered" and have now changed either all or most of the other Vistas - Zuiderdam, Westerdam & Oosterdam. When they were staggered people above you could look down onto your verandah!
Old October 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhutchie
I think this was true when they first brought out the Vista ships, but when the brought out the 4th ship, Noordam, they changed the aft end cabins so that they are no longer "staggered" and have now changed either all or most of the other Vistas - Zuiderdam, Westerdam & Oosterdam. When they were staggered people above you could look down onto your verandah!
Okay, great, this is exactly the information I was looking for. I did search all over the web for info on the aft cabins on the newer class of HAL ships. I know for sure on some of the Royal Caribbean and Carnival ships the neighbors above may as well sit on the same balcony as you are on. Thanks for the information
Old October 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Beginner

We were in an aft cabin and it's not bumpy at all and it's wonderful. That was the best part about the room. As for people looking over, if they lean over their rail they can see you leaning on your rail. If you're reading a book in the chair, they can't see you. The advantages of the aft cabin are 1)you can see both sides in case of scenery just on one side, 2) extra large balconies, 3) the beautiful, peaceful view watching the wake of the ship.

We've got pictures showing the difference in the side vs the aft balconies. If you email us we can send you some.

Have a great time!
Ruthie